How to get program to give market value for statement date

Have done this for years but for some reason can not get previous dates market value

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running? If you have Quicken 2012 or 2013, downloading of quotes was recently and belatedly discontinued.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To view the market value on a specific date, set the As of: date in the Account Overview window: open the account and select Holdings

The market value is calculated by multiplying the number of share by the price of a share.  If the number of shares and the recorded quote price are correct, the market value of the securities held should be correct.
  • It should be correct way to get the balance as of the date you choose. I've done this for at least 10 years. I go to Holdings and put in the date that I want to reconcile to and it used to give me the balance as of that date. Not now. Info just stays the same as of current date. I have Quicken Premier. Subscription does not expire until May 2020.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Holdings view, is there a clock next to the your securities in the Quote/price cloumn? If not the price has been updated today. If so, hover over the clock to see when the quotes were last updated.

If the quotes have not been updated recently, make sure Download Quotes is selected in your One Step Update settings. Post back if you need more help getting the quotes to update.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    imgscooke said:
    It should be correct way to get the balance as of the date you choose. I've done this for at least 10 years. I go to Holdings and put in the date that I want to reconcile to and it used to give me the balance as of that date. Not now. Info just stays the same as of current date. I have Quicken Premier. Subscription does not expire until May 2020.
    It is possible for the values to remain unchanged.

I suggest you determine whether the number of shares and the recorded quote price are correct for the statement date.  If they're not correct, you will need to determine why. 
  • The clock is only next to the Mutual Fuds, and it says last updated 11.15.2019. Some (5) of the stocks have a little square thing showing news about he stock. The rest have nothing next to them. I can not figure it out. Has to have been something in the last uodate. Any other ideas?
  • All of the other columns are filled out. Share column has total shares, cost basis, etc. All market value amounts , however are zero.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    imgscooke said:
    The clock is only next to the Mutual Fuds, and it says last updated 11.15.2019. Some (5) of the stocks have a little square thing showing news about he stock. The rest have nothing next to them. I can not figure it out. Has to have been something in the last uodate. Any other ideas?
    I suggest you start by comparing the number of shares and the price quote on the statement's closing date with those provided on the statement.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    imgscooke said:
    All of the other columns are filled out. Share column has total shares, cost basis, etc. All market value amounts , however are zero.
    To generate a market value of zero, Quicken thinks the number of shares of a security held are zero or the price quote is zero on that date.
This discussion has been closed.