Version 2020 R23.14 Build 27.123.14 Saved Report Formatting

None of my previously saved reports are formatting correctly. They are all creating graphs or nothing of use to me. Is this a bug or an enhanced feature of the latest release?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try clicking the gear to customize the report, and on the Display tab click on the Reset columns button if there is one.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my previously saved reports are formatting correctly. They are all creating graphs or nothing of use to me. Is this a bug or an enhanced feature of the latest release?
    What version of Quicken were those "previously saved reports" saved in? 2017 or older?
    @Jim_Harman 's solution should fix any reports that show "garbage data columns" instead of true data.
    Afterwards please do not forget to re-save the report, replacing the old saved copy of the report.
    If all else fails, you may have to recreate the reports, customize them again and then also save the report, replacing the old saved copy.

To be on the safe side, I recommend you the following:

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Don Daniels
    Don Daniels Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Apparently a recent release changed how the reports are being formatted. Nothing has corrected the problem so I will be forced to recreate all of my saved reports. (Removed-Sarcastic)
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain the details of the formatting issues you are seeing. Which reports? Are different accounts or categories being shown? Date range changed? Column widths not saved? Garbage where text should be? Preview doesn't match print layout?

Something else?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Don Daniels
    Don Daniels Member ✭✭
    The saved reports were created from a transaction listing summarized and sorted by category. However instead of looking like a transaction list they now have an icon next to the category which links to a pop up graph and when attempting to expand the summarization to the trx detail none of the data is visible. I recreated the same report by customizing the generic transaction listing and everything works fine. Now I just have to re-create all the rest of my saved reports. In other words from my IT career jargon you can't recreate the problem because creating new reports does not have the problem. So let's just go with the old IBM standard message, "Probable user error. Correct the error and resubmit." and wonders never cease the problem is gone.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The saved reports were created from a transaction listing summarized and sorted by category. However instead of looking like a transaction list they now have an icon next to the category which links to a pop up graph and when attempting to expand the summarization to the trx detail none of the data is visible. I recreated the same report by customizing the generic transaction listing and everything works fine.
    Can you show us the difference between an old saved report and newly recreated one?
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • Don Daniels
    Don Daniels Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    report generated from 11-18 file
    report from current file
This discussion has been closed.