Multiple mutual fund accounts and owners

Can I combine my mutual fund accounts and my wife's in the same quicken file? They are at the same company.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or do you have 2 Quicken that you want to combine into 1?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One caveat: It is best to maintain a separate Quicken file if the other person (a parent for example) files taxes separately or if there are any confidentiality issues between the people.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • funkws
    funkws Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. No, there are not two Q files to combine - I have not set up my wife's IRAs yet. And since we file jointly, there are no issues with combining the data. The combined data should mirror our monthly statement, which lumps everything together for us.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, then there should be no problem setting up both accounts in the same Quicken file. If her accounts have different login credentials, you will supply them in the process of setting up the online access.

Back up your data file just before attempting the setup, just in case.

Make sure you make the right choice during the setup - Link the accounts if they are already set up in Quicken or Add them if they are not already set up or Ignore them if you do not want to track them in Quicken.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.