Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Bill Reminders skipping months - still not fixed after R23, R24, R25*

Answers

• Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    So I upgraded to the R 23.14 Release and about 6 bill reminders that I had deleted in the past by selecting "Delete this instance and all future instances" because I had either paid off the loan, wasn't using that service anymore, etc. etc. returned. I had to go through the entire list and redelete. That was about five days ago and they haven't shown up since. Not sure if this helps Quicken trouble shoot but wanted to share.
    Thanks,

Lee
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Lee Edwards @bill L2 @Michael Barrett @ProfileX

Thank you for testing the build and posting back with your feedback, although I'm sorry to hear that issues are continuing.

If you or other Users are still experiencing issues with scheduled bill reminders skipping, duplicating or reappearing, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".

In the subject line, please enter "Attn: Sarah QWIN-15907"

Enter a brief description of which bills/income reminders are demonstrating these behaviors and mark every box listed, including the option to send a "Sanitized data file" copy.

Sanitizing the file removes all personally identifiable information, such as Financial Institution login credentials and any personal details from accounts/transactions.

This additional information will be used for debug purposes only and will assist our Development team in further investigating these behaviors to fully resolve them. 

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • bill L2bill L2 Member ✭✭
    Sent the report as requested Sarah
    bill L2 said:
    Sent the report as requested Sarah
    Hi @bill L2

Thank you very much for submitting the report and letting me know :)

Sarah
  • rsmyrlrsmyrl Member
    I have two loans that have been working fine in Quicken since 2012. Now each time I go into them the reminders show the next payment due May 2020. I have reset the payment due date and frequency to monthly but they keep jumping six months ahead. I am also having this problem with a weekly payment reminder that keeps "jumping ahead" and/or duplicating.
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah. Thanks for making available the DNLbuild.

I installed the build and paid 2 of the 4 historically problematic bill reminders with success - no issues.  The remaining two bill (reminders) will be sent first week of November.  I will leave the DNLbuild on my machine until these last 2 are paid. 

All my bill reminders are manual (on being a loan) and I was previously running R22.17 before testing.

Now....as I reported earlier, I did have success (reminders behaved correctly) last month in paying these same bills, under RE.   The month prior was a mess, documented here.   At least I can say what was successful last month, under R22.15, was not broken in this new DNLbuild!

FWIW, My remaining 2 "historically problematic" reminders were paid (and the reminders behaved correctly) under the newest production release R23.14.  No issues.  So it seems whatever was fixed in R22.15 had addressed my flavor of the "skipped reminders" issue.  Cautiously optimistic for the future.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    I am using build 23.14, I sent Sarah a report as requested.
  • kuhawksr1kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭
    R23.14 production release did NOT fix my issue. I still have manually entered recurring annual bill reminders set for dates in November 2019 that, immediately following a sync, are changed to the same dates in the month of January 2020. For example, annual Quicken renewal is due 11/13/19. Immediately after sync it is no longer due on 11/13/19 but rather 1/13/20.
  • Mine is also still advancing manual annual recurring bill reminders after upgrading to R23.14. All annual recurring bills (and deposits) remaining for November and December of 2019 are being updated to the same day of January 2020.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT -- updated topic title to also now include - R23.xx -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Hello All,

Thank you very much to those who have submitted the requested "Report a Problem" and sanitized data files.  Our Development team is continuing to research these issues and would like to work directly with those affected.

@Lee Edwards @Michael Barrett @ProfileX @kuhawksr1 @rsmyrl @hmday

The Development team, has already or will be soon, reaching out to you via email, if you are willing to work directly with us, please respond to that email as soon as possible with the requested information.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    Hello All,

So I reported a few days back when I upgraded to build 27.1.23.14 several deleted bill reminders returned. After I completed that initial clean up, I ran the validate and repair process which I run at least once a month. Anyway, Sangeetha (from Quicken) and I got on a web call yesterday and no matter how much I tried I could not get any of my bills to skip. I did turn the sync with icloud back on and ran that a few times. Again this morning I tried to get the bills to skip, and cannot get the problem to happen again. So, it looks like this current build has solved my problem. I hope others are getting good results too!

Lee
    Thanks,

Lee
    Sangeetha and I completed a screen share session yesterday where I demonstrated the reminder skip issue (on the latest PROD build). She was then able to replicate it and has her team working on it now.
  • I am still having an issue with randomly moved bill reminders, and I'm on Build 27.1.23.14. Very frustrating to miss bill payments! Isn't that kind of at the core of Quicken?
    Hello All,

We appreciate your patience while our teams have continued working to investigate and resolve the ongoing issues with reminders.

The Development team have created an intermediate build with a fix for yearly reminders skipping and are asking for Users still experiencing this issue to please download and install the intermediate build to test the fix.

Prior to downloading it is recommended to create a backup or copy of your data file and performing the testing in the backup/copied file.

To download this build please click here, once testing has completed, please uninstall the intermediate build and reinstall the current release version of Quicken, using the steps found here, and returning to the original version of the data file prior to the test.

Please reply here to let us know how the testing goes and if the reminder issues are resolved.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Build 27.1.23.15 which I have tested this afternoon has resolved the issue I was having with several annual reminders skipping ahead two months after performing a sync. I reset the reminders to their next due date (in November), performed a sync and the dates on those reminders had not changed after the sync completed.
  • I tested the same build (27.1.23.15) today and it resolved the problems I had with yearly reminders skipping forward to January of the next year.
    edited November 2019
    (Removed) unable to replicate
    What is the ETA for production release of 27.1.23.15?
  • Stan & Barb MillerStan & Barb Miller Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    When I write a check for online bill pay in the Write Checks window, I change the payment date from the default (which is the earliest day Quicken could pay the bill) to the Friday before the due date. Quicken changes it back.

I've tried to get in the habit of not changing the date until I'm ready to record the check, but sometimes clicking "Record Check" changes the date.

This is a ridiculous bug. Before I noticed it, it caused me to pay my mortgage twice in the same month and to pay my property taxes three months before they were due. I'm fortunate enough that those things didn't cause either check to bounce or cause me real cash flow problems. (Removed- Provocative)
    FIX IT!!
  • bill L2bill L2 Member ✭✭
    using R23.17, just paid my credit cards and it adjusted fine. next date due December
  • I installed the R23.17 and it fixed the problem with yearly reminders advancing to next year. All else looks good with this.

Thanks!
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    I installed r23.17. It did fix the problem of the reminder advancing to the next calendar year. However, now when I enter a payment for an online biller from the bill and income window, the bill shows as due in the next month. e.g. a gas December bill notification received and entered November 15th with scheduled payment of December 9th now shows as a bill due notification for January 9th. It is a duplication of the December bill (same amount). But I have not received the December bill so it should show as "Awaiting next bill"
  • I've updated to R23.17 as it came out, and I'm still having issues with calendar transactions "repositioning" themselves several months into the future.
  • Jan59Jan59 Member ✭✭
    I use the calendar every day to see what bills are coming up and to make sure I have money in the account to pay them. Lately, Quicken has been missing some loan reminders. Twice, it has deleted a mortgage payment reminder for the month, and today I noticed that it had deleted another loan reminder. When I look for the reminder, I find it on the next month- it just skipped a month for some reason. This is very annoying, as it makes it look like I have more extra money than I really do, and I could even miss a payment if I didn't notice it. I go in and edit the payments to start in the current month and then everything looks normal, but it has happened more than once in the mortgage account. Now I am afraid to trust Quicken. What is going on?
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Jan59 said:
    I use the calendar every day to see what bills are coming up and to make sure I have money in the account to pay them. Lately, Quicken has been missing some loan reminders. Twice, it has deleted a mortgage payment reminder for the month, and today I noticed that it had deleted another loan reminder. When I look for the reminder, I find it on the next month- it just skipped a month for some reason. This is very annoying, as it makes it look like I have more extra money than I really do, and I could even miss a payment if I didn't notice it. I go in and edit the payments to start in the current month and then everything looks normal, but it has happened more than once in the mortgage account. Now I am afraid to trust Quicken. What is going on?
    @Jan59 Is your Quicken updated to the latest version, R23.17?   They have been busy fixing the various "skipped reminder" bugs in the last 2-3 updates.  Go here to check version and check for updates.  See image.

Or here, to install the latest available.
  • Jan59Jan59 Member ✭✭
    I use the calendar every day to see what bills are coming up and to make sure I have money in the account to pay them. Lately, Quicken has been missing some loan reminders. Twice, it has deleted a mortgage payment reminder for the month, and today I noticed that it had deleted another loan reminder. When I look for the reminder, I find it on the next month- it just skipped a month for some reason. This is very annoying, as it makes it look like I have more extra money than I really do, and I could even miss a payment if I didn't notice it. I go in and edit the payments to start in the current month and then everything looks normal but it has happened more than once in the mortgage account. Now I am afraid to trust Quicken. What is going on? I use manual bill reminders, not the ones quicken links to the billers as those never worked right for me.
  • Mark PedroiaMark Pedroia Member ✭✭
    Me too! Please read my post with similar symptoms, mine have been creeping forward exactly one-month for no reason. Search for "Manage Manual Bills - Set (due) dates change randomly"
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken .... --- Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.