"Expand All" for the "Income and Expense by Category" does not expand anything why?

Whether I expand or collapse I get the same report on numerous tries.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me with QWin Subscription R23.14 it is the Spending by Category report that has Expand all and Collapse all buttons.

When the stock report opens it shows all the Categories and subcategories. Clicking on Collapse All just shows the top level categories then clicking on Expand all shows all the subcategories again. If a category has no subcategories or you are viewing the subcategories, you can double-click on the number to see the underlying transactions.

Are you seeing something different?

If you want to see all the transactions, I suggest you try the Itmeized Categories report and selecting Update to show then Transaction Detail.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mickkoffend
    mickkoffend Member ✭✭
    What I am saying is the in the Income and Expense by Category report there Expand All and Collapse All buttons presented as options. They just don't work like they do for Spending by Category or Itemized Categories. I don't know why they'd not be functional in this particular report and in the others but apparently they are not.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any Expand All and Collapse All buttons in the Income and Expense by Category report:

Maybe try closing down Quicken and then re-opening the program?
  • mickkoffend
    mickkoffend Member ✭✭
    I'm using Customize dates. If you select Customize and then go to the Categopry tab you'll see the subject buttons.

Since yours is the second response without a solution I suspect I'm a rarity in customizing this report. It now seems fairly obvious that there is a programming error in the report.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha. The Expand all/ Collapse all buttons on the report's Customize tab affect the category selection dropdown in the tab, not the report itself.

This particular report does not subtotal by subcategory.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.