Comenity Bank Re: SonyVisa

I don't see SonyVisa on the list supplied by Sarah. https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken%20Sarah

Answers

• David RodrigueraDavid Rodriguera Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello! I am wondering if anyone has information about if and when Comenity Bank Sony Card will be added to Quicken as a financial institution that supports direct downloads?

Capital One sold their Sony Card credit card accounts to Comenity Bank in recent months with today as their effective date. The Comenity/Sony FAQ states: "You can securely connect your Sony Visa® Credit Card to the Intuit-based money management tools Quicken and Mint. Please note that while you may be able to link your account to other third-party money management tools, they are not officially supported by Comenity Bank."

At this time, Comenity Bank has several options for direct download, but Sony Card is not amongst them. Thanks in advance for your help!

Housekeeping:
    Quicken Deluxe 2020
    Version 5.13.2 (Build 513.30554.100)
    macOS 10.12.6

"Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results has obviously never had to reboot a computer." –William Petersen

• riches52riches52 Member
    My Sony Rewards card recently switched from CapitalOne to Comenity. What is the recommended procedure to update the account to be able to get downloads from Comenity? Do I have to close the CapitalOne setup and start a new one for Comenity? Or can I update the current account to switch the financial institution? Existing balances and transactions were transferred by the institutions.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Take a backup
    2. Disconnect the card account from download
    3. Erase the CapitalOne name and the account number from the Account Details dialog
    4. Exit Q and Restart Q
    5. Re-enable the account for download
    6. Examine the first download carefully, because of possible dupes from previously recorded transactions.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some users prefer to start a new account when this happens. 
    If you want to do that, deactivate online banking for the old account; create the new account; move the transactions that has not been reconciled from old to new; activate the new account for downloading.
    After the transactions have been moved, the balance on the old account should go to $0 and the new account will show the current balance of the credit card.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited November 2019
    Hello David,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the attention of the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

At this time, I do not show Sony Card as actively participating with downloading to Quicken.

However, due to the active Alert for Comenity Bank, as well as Comenity only recently acquiring this particular branded credit card, it is possible the link to connect with Quicken has not yet been created and/or updated.

If you have not already done so, please review the information and follow the applicable steps outlined here. If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Comenity directly for further inquiry. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• This answer is insufficient. "Comenity Bank" without any attached card, is not an option in the list and therefore online services cannot be reconnected. Please advise.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said it was the solution, but it is how some users elect to handle a change in the FI of a credit card.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @riches52 ,

For the time being, after editing the Account Details for your My Sony Rewards Card, enter the transactions, manually, until the connection is restored.
  • josasalojosasalo Member
    Hi Quicken_Natalie, I already contacted "Comenity Bank" and this was their answer:
    "I am with Comenity Bank, which handles everything related to your Visa
    account. I'm happy to help you today.
    This card is issued by Comenity Bank pursuant to a license from Visa USA
    Inc.
    Please contact Quicken Support directly at 1-650-250-1900 for further
    assistance with the issue that you have been experiencing.
    If you have any questions, please click the reply button.
    Sincerely,
    A. King
    Internet Customer Care Team"

Also there is not a option for this bank under your online set up for a new bank.

Thanks,

Jorge Sanchez
  • The connection will not be restored. Quicken needs to update the selections. The card was sold to a different bank, Comenity.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The connection will not be restored. Quicken needs to update the selections. The card was sold to a different bank, Comenity.

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• I spoke with Comenity Bank today on the same matter, and the issue with Comenity Bank not being in the list of supporting financial institutions for Quickin is 'being worked on' at Comenity Bank. The support person had no timeline, but at least it sounded like they were well aware of the issue and were attempting to rectify it. Unfortunately, the support tech was unaware of the inability of Quicken to import any of the downloadable transaction formats Comenity Bank provides at this time. It seems problematic that Quicken won't accept OFX formats (mandating QFX only), but doubt that will change.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banks need to be signed up with Quicken, even for importing downloaded files, which you might assume should work with any file. And Quicken has always required their proprietary .qfx format, which is slight modification of the open OFX standard in order to enforce their licensing arrangement with financial institutions.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about this Announcement?
    Are you still having problems?

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• > @UKR said:
    > Are you talking about this Announcement?
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862983/resolved-11-11-19-11-5-19-comenity-bank-comenity-branded-cards-returns-cc-502-102-error#latestAre you still having problems?
    >
    > In case of transaction download problems
    >
    > Please provide more
    > details.
    >
    > What version and
    > release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken /
    > About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch)
    > level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update
    > your software first.
    >
    > What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    >
    > What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    >
    > What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    >
    > What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues
    > with?
    >
    > Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when
    > you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the
    > Web?
    >
    > What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Yes I'm talking about this announcement https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862983/resolved-11-11-19-11-5-19-comenity-bank-comenity-branded-cards-returns-cc-502-102-error#latestAre you still having problems?.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't feel like answering any of my questions, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello George,

Thank you for the response.

The alert provided by UKR is listed as being resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862983/resolved-11-11-19-11-5-19-comenity-bank-comenity-branded-cards-returns-cc-502-102-error#latest

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back more details and information on what you are experiencing.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    I have a Sony Rewards card that Comenity purchased from Capital One effective 11/9/19. I have been trying to switch my account online connection from Capital One to Comenity. Having noticed the recently resolved Comenity issue, I waited until a resolution was posted before continuing my efforts. I noticed in the various updates related to the issue there was a list of all the credit cards impacted. The SonyCard was not included. Does this mean the SonyCard is not yet setup to have transactions downloaded from Comenity? When I edit the account in my Quicken and try to establish Online Services, there are no matches for Sony and very few Comenity matches. I spent a good amount of time on calls to Customer Support today and after all that they could not help me.

Thanks!
    First, thank you to all who replied. Having seen that there was an ongoing issue with Comenity, I waited for that to be resolved. I then tried the various suggestions without any luck. I did not set-up a new account. But, I did deactivate the old account and then tried to connect to Comenity. (My thoughts are I would have received the same results with a new account, as well) When I try to establish the new online services, I get no matches for Sony and a very short list for Comenity. (Considering all the credit cards listed in the entries listed under the Comenity error emails this was surprising). I did try reaching out to Customer Support. But, after being on two separate calls, they were not able to solve my issue nor to give additional items to try. I was told to wait until Monday and try again (grrr).

Any additional help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Rich
  • George GivensGeorge Givens Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I realize it is marked as resolved but it isn't! I don't see the Sony Visa in the list of cards! Also, Quicken has a nasty habit (over past 3 decades I've used Quicken) of resolving issues without them being fully resolved and without getting feedback from users. (Removed-argumentative/provocative)
  • seattleChrisseattleChris Member ✭✭
    Please "Quicken_Tyka" "UKR" et.al. - Thank You for trying to help, But the issue is with the Sony Visa Card being switched on 11Nov19 from Citi Bank to Comenity Bank and Quicken & Comenity have NOT created a way to link this yet. "New Credit Card Account" setup still shows "Sony Card from Citi" in the list, and only shows Bergners, Blue Nile, Talbots, and Virgin America CCs for Comenity. Owners of the new Sony Visa Card from Comenity are waiting for the ability to add our Sony card. Prove me wrong by explaining the steps You used to successfully link Your new Sony Visa card from Comenity to Quicken. None of the instructions you have offered are solutions to this issue. Looking forward to Comenity & Quicken adding the link option. [ first person who sees a newly added link that works is the winner - we are all waiting ] Thank You Very Much. -Chris-
  • SonyVisa has recently started to be managed and or bought out from Capitalone. I cannot download my credit card charges or connect online. Can someone provide instructions on what can be done? SonyVisa is not on the current list provided.
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    Quicken personal finance software needs to be updated to add credit card account: Sony Visa Card Comenity Bank. https://d.comenity.net/sonyvisa/pub/Home.xhtml
  • jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I did a quick search in the Help section, and it provided the following:
    https://d.comenity.net/sonyvisa/pub/help/Help.xhtml

Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. I am using Quicken Deluxe 2017. When I select Add Credit Card Account in Quicken it does not display Sony Visa Card Comenity Bank, it lists many other branded cards by Comenity but not Sony Visa Card. Just a side note, the same is not true for Intuit Mint which does list the credit card account and is added successfully. It appears the Quicken software database is not up-to-date compared to Intuit Mint.
    Quicken and Intuit are separate entities, as is the Mint platform and Quicken. Open a ticket with support and determine if it should be in the FI list and potential date. In the interim check to see if you can download any files that might import into Q directly from the account.
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • jumpnowjumpnow Member ✭✭
    jr7107,
    Sony Visa Card Comenity Bank is not listed on the software "Add Credit Card" List.

Quicken needs to add the bank to the list... so it can be selected.

As David Said:
    "Quicken personal finance software needs to be updated to add credit card account: Sony Visa Card Comenity Bank. https://d.comenity.net/sonyvisa/pub/Home.xhtml"
  • jumpnowjumpnow Member ✭✭
    If you go to "Activate One Step Update" in Quicken 2017 Deluxe

You are asked to: "Enter the name of your financial institution" > Comenity

A list of 10 Comenity Bank Cards is displayed

The 'Comenity Sony Visa Card' is not included in the list

Quicken needs to add Sony Visa Card to the list... so it can be selected.
    @jumpnow Yes, as noted above. Open a ticket. Appears that Comenity acquired these accounts in September 2019.
    jr7107 said:
    Quicken and Intuit are separate entities, as is the Mint platform and Quicken. Open a ticket with support and determine if it should be in the FI list and potential date. In the interim check to see if you can download any files that might import into Q directly from the account.

Quicken user since 1994.
This discussion has been closed.