Home Before you Buy

Online overcharge

Recently when opening Quicken I was offered a renewal offer. 49.99 for 1 year or a "special deal" of 59.99 for 2 years. I clicked the box for 2 years and was presented and amount for 99.98. As is frequently the case with online sellers, I assumed the discount would show later in the process. WRONG. I proceeded to the "review your order page and found on option to question or change. I was stuck for the overcharge. If my finances weren't completely integrated with Quicken I would cancel the entire mess. Look carefully before you buy.

Comments

• chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you read the very fine print, the offer is only for "new users".  If you currently have Quicken subscription, you are not considered to be a new user.

Current subscribers should always look for the best deals from Amazon, Staples, etc as the subscription prices there are not restricted to just new users.  They apply to current users as well.  
  • chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    And if you call support, you can cancel your order, get your money back within 30 days and re-purchase from a trusted retail outlet instead.  
This discussion has been closed.