Patelco Credit Union timeout after 3 1/2 minutes (Q Mac)

macuser_22
macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else getting update timeouts from Patelco Credit Union since last week?

I have 7 sub accounts. To trouble shoot I created a new quicken file with just 2 accounts and it created that and downloaded a total of 34 transactions but took 3 minutes and 20 seconds.

I added an additional account with 4 new transactions and it timed out after 3 1/2 minutes.

Patelco Support seems clueless... Anyone else or ideas?

Best Answer

• macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    FYI John:

I did not get anywhere with Patelco but someone must have realized that there was a problem because this afternoon it started working again with DC - updates in about 30 seconds like it used to - back to normal.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Patelco shows two listings: one is Direct Connect (which you obviously are using) and the other is Web Connect (where you download a text transaction file to import.)
    Since this is Direct Connect, then their (Patelco, not Quicken) servers are taking too long to respond. There is likely little you can do other than reporting the problem to Quicken support. They might say there is nothing they can do since this is DC.
    In the interim, you could also switch to Web Connect or manually enter the transactions.
    If it were I, I would not mess with things, (other than perhaps reporting the issue), and wait to see if the problem resolves. Also, try updating at a different time (early in morning) to see if server traffic is causing the issue.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, John.
    I really dislike web connect. I already talked to Quicken support and I seem to be the only report on this (so far) and they could only suggest talking to Patelco. Maybe if others have the same issue and report it they will be able to intervene.

It is not traffic load - it fails the same way all hours of the day and weekend. Problem started sometime last week.

I have been waiting (since last week)in the hope that they would discover a problem (reboot the server) or something.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Oh and BTW - web connect is not an option for Patelco Credit Union. It is either DC or manual entry.
  • John_in_NC
    Oh and BTW - web connect is not an option for Patelco Credit Union. It is either DC or manual entry.
    You got me to look at this again:
    It appears Patelco offers all three (Quicken Connect, Direct Connect, and web connect). You might wish to double check which automated connection you are using in settings.

They have Quicken Connect listed under the WC listing (if that is what they mean by WC) 
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Connect and Web Connect are grayed out for Patelco and cannot be selected - DC is the only option that can be selected.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Also, I have no idea what Patelco Credit Union-WC even is. Petelco Credit Union is what has always been used for years.
  • John_in_NC
    edited November 2019
    Not under the second Patelco Credit Union-WC option:

• macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    OK, it appears that the "WC" is only for direct connect and that does work. However, if I remember right, my Patelco bill pay (not quicken bill pay) required Direct Connect to work. I do not think that will work with Quicken Connect and I pay $9/month for that service.
  • John_in_NC
    edited November 2019
    You are correct-Quicken Connect is an automated version of web connect. It does not support Bill Pay directly through your financial institution.
    If you are using the subscription versions of Quicken, then you would get quicken bill pay for free (sans $9 fee), but that adds the third party service which you might not want.
    To return to Direct Connect, Patelco has to figure out why their servers are timing out.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    FYI John:

I did not get anywhere with Patelco but someone must have realized that there was a problem because this afternoon it started working again with DC - updates in about 30 seconds like it used to - back to normal.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am not sure what the Windows error is for this problem (I am on Mac), but it sure sounds like it might be the same problem. As I said in the thread below, the problem went away, but then it came back for a day or two before Christmas and was then OK again.

I have been gone for 2 weeks and just returned to find that the problem is back. I got updates from Patelco but only for accounts that had only *one* transaction (interest payment), all others timed out.

(Removed-Self-Referencing Link)

"Quicken connect" seems to work but direct connect does not - this is most certainly a Patelco direct connect issue and not Quicken but the Patelco people are clueless.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Version 23.21 -- OL-297A Received from OSU for Patelco Credit Union.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is most certainly a Patelco direct connect issue and not Quicken but the Patelco people are clueless.
    Yes, I agree. I'm seeing a problem with Patelco in QWin R24.14. Updating my 2 Patelco accounts via Direct Connect just took over 2 minutes (I timed it: 2:13.25). About 20 seconds of "Updating Financial Institution Information" and the rest of the time "Sending Online Instructions".

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.