I need the ability to design my own reports

Options
If I had read only access to the data field I could design my own reports (ala Excel). Current report selection is fine, but does not fill every need. For example, getting access to actual dividends paid for a select period would allow generating an interest paid report which is currently unavailable. Generally, such access could provide the community with a treasure trove of interesting templates.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best you can hope for is to use existing reports with detail desired and export off to Excel. The database is proprietary and will never be opened up to users for security reasons.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dcr said:
    For example, getting access to actual dividends paid for a select period would allow generating an interest paid report which is currently unavailable. 
    You can "get access" to dividend and interest data to generate reports with existing reporting functionality. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A more flexible reporting engine would certainly be a plus for Quicken.
    However for the example you gave, you can produce a report that includes just  dividend and interest income, but perhaps without the exact combinations you are looking for.
    The Banking Transaction report can include all accounts but does not differentiate between dividends received as cash and reinvested dividends.
    The Investing Transactions report only allows investing accounts.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see why you can't get what you want.  You can customize the report and select the Date, Accounts and Categories.  I have 2 reports I make to track my interest & dividends to match to my 1099s at the end of the year.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.