Specify which transfer you want included in Cash Flow Report (Q Mac)

Barbara O'Keeffe
Barbara O'Keeffe Member ✭✭✭
Using a Category Summary report, I can get cash flow, but it shows ALL transfers when I only want a couple. Is there are way to set up which specific transfers (like loans) to include and which to ignore?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You do have limited options on including/excluding transfers in a summary report. You can include those from accounts deselected in the report, but I don't know of a way of excluding individual ones.
    I don't use this report much, so maybe somebody else has a better workaround.

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following up on John in NC's comments;
    A Cash Flow report that I use frequently focuses on my checking account - i.e., all other accounts are excluded.
    I use the option "Include only transfers with accounts outside of report"

The report then includes all income and expense items into or out of the checking account plus regular transfers in from my retirement account (distributions) plus any inflows from savings or other brokerage accounts. Outflows include credit card payments, mortgage principal & impounds, transfers to savings or brokerage accounts, etc.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Barbara O'Keeffe
    Barbara O'Keeffe Member ✭✭✭
    But that wouldn't allow me to tract all purchases by category since I do all of my purchases by CC, then pay it off each month from checking account - so I want to see what the money I spend each month is purchasing. And currently the one thing that doesn't show up with the categories report is the mortgage principle - and yes, I know what is happening. Savings is a category I can track, but the payment to principle isn't. That's really just an irritant more than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.