Trying to access one account causes crash

Hello all,

Just updated to the windows subscription version, from Q2013, this weekend. Everything seems to be in good shape except for one specific account. It is a loan account, and every time I try to access it, Quicken crashes. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Best Answer

Answers

• whitenack
    whitenack Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock. I just ran validate and repair and it didn't produce any errors. If I go back to an old backup, I see that it says it is going to overwrite my quicken cloud information with this backup. I don't want to do that. Is there any way to take a quick peak at an old file without overwriting all my info?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitenack said:
    Thanks Sherlock. I just ran validate and repair and it didn't produce any errors. If I go back to an old backup, I see that it says it is going to overwrite my quicken cloud information with this backup. I don't want to do that. Is there any way to take a quick peak at an old file without overwriting all my info?
    Is this the prompt you are getting?
    Select "create a copy".
    On the next screen review BOTH the file name that Quicken is about to create and the path where Quicken is going to put the restored data file. You should select the \Documents\Quicken folder (the same folder as where your current Quicken data file is located.
  • whitenack
    whitenack Member ✭✭
    No, here is the prompt I am getting. The wording in bold at the bottom is what has me nervous.
This discussion has been closed.