Quicken not downloading dividend reinvestments from Fidelity [edited]

divina12253858
divina12253858 Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I have a Fidelity Account with Direct Connect. I have no problem downloading transactions like a Stock transaction or ATM withdraws. But when it comes to dividend reinvestment those transactions are left out. I called Fidelity they say its Quicken I call Quicken they say its Fidelity does anyone have information on this and even better how to fix it. I did account reset nothing. I did account delerte same problem persist.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Fidelity customer also ... and I download reinvestment transactions all of the time.
    NOW, at year-end where there are multiple reasons for the funds paid at one time (Interest, Div, LTCG, STCG, etc), Fidelity will download each of those transactions individually ... and then a single BUY for the total amount.  Is that what you're seeing?
    OR, are those funds paid not downloading at all.
    ALSO, What Q product are your running?  And what BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• The funds are paid and reinvested but not downloading at all.
  • I'm using the latest version of Quicken for windows
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using the latest version of Quicken for windows
    This doesn't answer my question.  Please do HELP, About Quicken and report what you find there.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funds are paid and reinvested but not downloading at all.
    Have you looked at your OFX Log to see what's being downloaded?  Because for your Direct Connect method of downloading, Fidelity is ENTIRELY responsible for the content of the download.
    SO, do HELP, Log Files, OFX Log.  Save the file to your desktop and open with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).
    Go to the bottom of the file and search UP for the security name or symbol.

• I have a Fidelity account and their statements can downloaded in a CSV format which can be imported to Quicken. I have not done this myself but now I'm thinking of doing it as well to track it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have a Fidelity investing account, Fidelity IRA, Fidelity Roth IRA,
    and Fidelity Net Benefits 403b -
    ALL are downloading every transaction.
    When I see these types of postings, I go logon into Fidelity and look at the account history to compare against the transactions register in Quicken -
    for me - it's all good -
    I can never figure out WHY things just work for some of us, and not for others...
    Running Win10 - Qwin R23.17 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael Farrell Unfortunately Quicken does not import transaction data in CSV format.

If you want to download data from Fidelity I suggest you search Quicken help for "Download transactions" for more info
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.