Foreign shares price per unit

After importing my investment account the price per share does not match the price per unit on my month end statement. Does anyone have any best practices for this, or know who Quicken uses for their pricing information? I cannot reconcile the import with my November statement after updating Sunday, 12/1.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's that foreign stock, what's the symbol and what's its exchange/
    Also, what Q product are you running?  And what's the BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2017 for Windows, version R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7.

Any foreign stock in the portfolio (ADDYY, AMKBY, etc.), shows a different price. Trying to reconcile balances from a month end statement the Price Per Unit does not match what is showing on the statement for these holdings.

Does Quicken use a different vendor for pricing information? What are the best practices for reconciliation with my month end statement?

Thank you.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADDYY (Addias) may be a German company, but that stock symbol is listed OTC in the US ... thus it is NOT a foreign stock.
    Same for AMKBY (Maersk), a Danish company.
    SO, the question is: How do you have those securities set-up?  And what's the currency of the account that they're held in?
    You can take a snapshot of the set-ups and insert it here via the "paper with a folded corner" icon above.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.