dividend data

Options
anyone know the frequency of update and source of dividend yield data displayed in the portfolio view? the dividend yield entry in the "detailed quote" display is blank, but nevertheless there is an entry in the portfolio display (which often seems to be inaccurate compared with more "official", current data)

Best Answer

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I noticed the same and anecdotally, it seems to be derived from the yield shown for the holding in Quicken.com.

I'd be hesitant about characterizing it as wrong; the yield in Quicken.com is the trailing 12-month yield whereas those you might characterize as official are forward looking based on the last distribution. Both types have their deficiencies particularly with respect to mutual funds which can have highly variable distributions over a 12 month period.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I noticed the same and anecdotally, it seems to be derived from the yield shown for the holding in Quicken.com.

I'd be hesitant about characterizing it as wrong; the yield in Quicken.com is the trailing 12-month yield whereas those you might characterize as official are forward looking based on the last distribution. Both types have their deficiencies particularly with respect to mutual funds which can have highly variable distributions over a 12 month period.
  • bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thanks, very helpful answer.
This discussion has been closed.