Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Having trouble with one-step update (updated title)

Marc AlbertMarc Albert Member ✭✭✭
Cannot update accounts using one-step update, always getting waiting next to each account, but never updates. I can update accounts individually, but never as a group as in one-step. I've tried eliminating accounts in the group but it never seems to complete (always waiting). Any suggestions?
Win10 and Quicken 2017
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JCNoetzelJCNoetzel Member ✭✭
    Ditto here. Q2017, incredibly slow One Step Update. Restart of no help. Rest of network/inet seems OK.
  • weshoughweshough Member ✭✭
    I use one step update to update my 8 bank accounts twice a day. This morning (12/13) when I press the one step update button the window listing all the accounts to be updated opens as usual, and the blue circular arrows next to each account in the account bar spin as usual, but nothing happens. There is no text in the window listing the connection progress or a dot turning green. I chatted with Quicken support and they advised me to try updating each account separately, which I did. And this worked fine. But the One Step Update still isn't working properly. Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this?
  • Alex107Alex107 Member ✭✭
    Have the same all morning, but it looks like it started to work
  • Marc AlbertMarc Albert Member ✭✭✭
    Cannot update using one-step update, always getting waiting next to each account but never updates. I can update accounts individually, but never as a group. I've tried eliminating accounts in the group but it never seems to complete (always waiting). Any suggestions?
  • RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Same for me. Q17. I can update individual accounts, but it freezes when I try to do one-step update. I ran file validation. I unchecked quicken cloud. But problem remains. HELP!! Running on up-to-date Win10. And on newest release of Q17.
    edited December 2019
    Yes, exactly the same, only I don't know how to run file validation. Win 10 and Q17 release. I think it may be a Quicken problem if that is possible? Tried it on another computer with the same negative results. The first screen that appears after hitting update, for only a second, is different.
  • RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    > @Marc Albert said:
    > Yes, exactly the same, only I don't know how to run file validation. Win 10 and Q17 release.

Click on File menu and then file and then validate. Backup first.
  • martyxxmartyxx Member ✭✭
    Experiencing the same problem. Removed some of the accounts from one step update and it still occurred. I am now updating individually by account. 3 of my back accounts have been receiving CC-501 errors for 9 the last week.
  • martyxxmartyxx Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention that Quicken is utilizing 30% of the CPU trying to perform a one step update. Canceled Quicken after 45 minutes and no apparent results being performed.
    > @Robert said:
    > > @Marc Albert said:
    > > Yes, exactly the same, only I don't know how to run file validation. Win 10 and Q17 release.
    >
    > Click on File menu and then file and then validate. Backup first.

Thanks, doing it now. Taking a while though, but progressing. Let me know if you have any luck, I'll do the same. Still think it might be a Quicken problem. I hope someone from Quicken looks at this.
  • one-step update still not working. I have tried multiple times through out the day.
  • I'm having the same issue with one step update, I use Quicken 2017 and it stop working this morning. It did work yesterday.
  • VerbalKVerbalK Member ✭✭
    Yesterday I put quicken on a new office laptop. My file is located on a cloud drive. My plan was to use the file on one laptop at home, and my new laptop at the office. All seemed to go well, but now when I use my old laptop, it takes an exceptionally long time to update account with one step. I can update each account individually no problem, but via one step, it's taking.. like hour to update 20 or so accounts. I don't use any quicken cloud services. Anything I can do?
  • jrgaljrgal Member ✭✭
    I'm having similar problems. all accounts sit in waiting state. Seems to be hung going for quote and financial info. Individual updates work.
  • Mike JacksonMike Jackson Member ✭✭
    Same problem Q2017, WIN 10. worked last night also. (12/12/2019)
  • Manoj MidhaManoj Midha Member ✭✭
    After I run One step update of my accounts, it is is just circling and all accounts are showing "waiting"
  • Manoj MidhaManoj Midha Member ✭✭
    Unable to run one step update with quicken 2017
  • Lisa WaltonLisa Walton Member ✭✭
    one step update is only working if I update one account at a time. And it isn't able to update stock/mutual fund pricing: the screen background goes black and (Not repsonding) shows up in the header -- so maybe that's the real glitch? I also noticed that several account suddenly showed up with huge historical values -- ???
    One Step update of quotes and investment information is not working -- the background goes black and the header changes to (not responding). And I get the blue circle of waiting.....

If I ask it to update one account at a time, that works, but when I try to update investment info, it stops working. Running Windows with the latest version of Quicken. :'(
    Now I tried an individual stock update, and the same thing happened -- background goes black, status is (not responding), and my only choice is to close Quicken and open it again.
  • DineshDinesh Member ✭✭
    Quicken stopped downloading transactions using One Step Update. I tried to deactivate and reactivate the online services for Chase, I can longer connect to the account. I get an error message "Sorry we encountered an error. (It is not your fault)" message. I manually downloaded the QFX file for two other credit cards and it started working again. How connection for Chase is dead. How can I fix this problem?
  • TFTF Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem. All the accounts will update individually. One step update seems to work if I checkmark a few accounts but will hang if I tried to more accounts.
  • smrude62smrude62 Member
    Same issue for me Quicken 2017 H & B, Windows 10. One Step Update worked fine yesterday. Today not working at all. Says "Requesting…" and hangs, I can update each Institution individually. Has anyone been able to contact Quicken support to notify them of the issue?
  • LindagLindag Member
    I am having the same issue. One step update is not responding
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I share my Quicken file between multiple computers using Dropbox?

• Never open your data file or backup file directly from Dropbox.  Always move the file to your desktop computer, then open it, to prevent file damage.
    • Make frequent, automatic backups, in case a file is accidentally accessed at the same time on different computers. 
    • Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Jim557Jim557 Member
    I am having the same issue with One Step Update. Only difference is it has been on this computer for years and working two days ago. Individually accounts update quickly.
  • VerbalKVerbalK Member ✭✭
    I seem to have narrowed the issue down to one or more of my chase accounts. Ive always had problems with them getting goofed up. so i guess ill just do them manually.
  • lyman sosbeylyman sosbey Member ✭✭
    > @Jim557 said:
    > I am having the same issue with One Step Update. Only difference is it has been on this computer for years and working two days ago. Individually accounts update quickly.

Same thing here Jim, worked 3 days ago, not now. I also can update one at a time, but not One Step. Freezes up....
  • TPerk100TPerk100 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I am having the same issue with One Step Update. 15+ yrs user. Was working until two days ago.
This discussion has been closed.