Problems with "Bills & Income - Projected Balances"

I rely on projecting my expenditures into the future for staging future payments and money transfers. The projected balances no longer provides any accuracy. The running balance appears to be sporadic in its analysis.... first line indicates a balance of $1,000.00, next line shows a debit of $50.00 with a balance of $1,000.00, next line will show a debit of $300.00 and the balance may indicate $700.00. Doing the math, there does not appear to be any rational reason for how balance is now being determined.

Best Answers

Answers

• wurth51
    wurth51 Member
    All entries are in the future and not past due. The register should show a running balance that tracks the debit and credit entries per line item. This is not the case. The running balance includes some entries but ignores other entries (i.e. shows that it carried the balance from the two entries before and ignored the debit/credit for that particular entry)
    Is there a way to include a screen shot for you to review??
  • wurth51
    wurth51 Member
    Sherlock, thanks again for your persistence (and knowledge). It finally clicked what you were describing and I now understand what the screen is displaying. I considered it as a "register" of running balances which it is obviously not. This problem is solved (user education). Could you take a moment and check out my other concern about the account register and use of the "show reminders" little clock in upper right corner?? I will go back and post two screen shots.
This discussion has been closed.