Can I move an investment account into a savings account?

I'm trying to separate my retirement account from my savings account. Is there any way to move an investment account to a savings account to separate the amount?
My institution doesn't show up under the Spending & Savings category only under the Investing & Retirement category. How can I move an investment account into a savings account category?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want to end up with 2 accounts, one for investments and one for savings? If so are these accounts linked so that cash in the investing account moves automatically to the savings account?

Or do you want to end up with one investing account which is grouped with your other banking accounts?

Different instructions depending on your goal.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bmoutie
    bmoutie Member ✭✭
    I want to move an investment account into my savings account because it is actually that. The investment account was a 401K account but was turned into a savings account. I would like to just move it so the amounts are separated from each other.
  • bmoutie
    bmoutie Member ✭✭
    One thing I was able to do that helped, was under the general tab to Show Cash In a Checking Account...select Yes. This took the cash out of the account and moved it to the checking account which I moved to the savings account but left the stock in the Investment Account. This has got me close where I want to be!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that current versions of Quicken do permit you change the account intent of an investing account so that you can group it with your savings accounts in the Account Bar. 

So if you want to continue downloading transactions for this account, I think the best you can do is the Show Cash in a checking account option.

However many reports, Account Balances, Net Worth, and Banking Summary for example, will let you include both bank and investment accounts in the report. Hopefully one of these will meet your needs.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.