Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Online center won't "Update send" bills/Quicken Bill Pay missing from OSU (updated title)

Answers

• richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > More details on the nature of the problem,
    > please.
    >
    > Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian
    > version?
    >
    > What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken /
    > About Quicken) to get this information.
    >
    > What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Quicken Premier for Windows, US
    Year: 2020
    Version: R23.17
    Build: 27.1.23.17

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info.
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
  • tdb52tdb52 Member
    R23.18 just released - does anyone know if it corrects these problems?
  • carlj07carlj07 Member ✭✭
    No, it does not correct the problem(s). I updated to R23.18 and the problem still exists. Hopefully a fix is coming soonest!
  • BrentBrent Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same awful bug as everyone else here. I am using the very latest Quicken Home, Business, Rental Property 2020 (R23.18) on a totally up to date Windows 10 for workstations machine.

On 2019-12-20, I tried to send a bill payment from within Quicken using Quicken Bill Pay. I was able to enter the payment, but it refused to send!

I tried deactivating and reactivating online connectivity of all 3 accounts of mine with that particular bank (AllyBank). No joy.

I eventually noticed that my AllyBank checking account claimed to no longer have Online bill payment activated. I tried to do that, but experienced the exact same symptoms as bprocknow:
    I've tried activating Quicken Bill Pay again on my bank account but it shows up as "zzz Quicken Bill Pay" and I get an error stating "It's not your fault".

The sole issue seems to be with Quicken Bill Pay. Normal transaction downloads appear to work just fine.

QUICKEN: FIX THIS BUG ASAP!
  • PerkPerk Member ✭✭
    I have having a similar problem. When I go to update on billpay, the password field for billpay online services does not show up. It does for my financial institution. I have called billpay help number for after 15 minutes of holding, still no agent. Does anyone have a help phone number that works better than (877) 486-8844?
  • I'm having the same problem- more than a week now. I called Quicken Bill Pay support and they said it was a Quicken patch that broke it. When I update an account, payments stay in the "send" status and aren't transmitted. No errors are returned. An easy work around until they get this fixed is to login to Bill Pay on the web and make the payments there.
  • > @tdb52 said:
    > R23.18 just released - does anyone know if it corrects these problems?

Didn't fix it for me. Sending payments via the billpay website until they get this fixed.
  • The ONLY way to pay bills with Quicken Bill Pay is via the QBP website. It simply is NOT syncing in any fashion with Quicken. Bill payments CANNOT be sent from Quicken and bill payments created online on QBP website CANNOT be added to an account register in Quicken. Basically, Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay are NOT syncing and NOT connecting in any fashion. MAJOR Quicken disaster that has NOT been fixed!!!!!! :#
    I spoke to Quicken support yesterday (Dec 23). They told me they were aware of the issue and working on a fix and there is not much I can do on my end. With the holiday upon us, it may later rather than sooner for the fix. FYI, the Quicken Support number can be found by going to Help|My Quicken Account.
  • Ed MaffEd Maff Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier 2020
    v r23.18
    b 27.1.23.18

MS Windows 10 Pro
    V 10.0.18362 B 18362

Quicken Bill PAy missing from OSU
  • Same here, using QB for Win Subscription. When I try to link an account to Bill Pay, I get a screen to add my old, Intuit Bill Pay account which of course is no longer active. Why is that even an option anymore? And why does the Send Payment screen still have a graphic that prompts you to see the changes in the new Quicken 2017? 2017? Sounds like the recent Build picked up archived compile files.
  • quarkdocquarkdoc Member
    Everybody needs to realize that this is not a problem with your desktop/device software. This is a problem, as was the failure to be able to update accounts in masse recently, with the server(s) at Quicken - not a client software problem. "Updating" your desktops/devices ain't gonna fix it. Quicken does need to be better about fixing it though. They should know what broke it and back the change out.
  • > @quarkdoc said:
    > Everybody needs to realize that this is not a problem with your desktop/device software....

Maybe Quicken should actually say this in the "Know Product issues", and/or "Alerts" section here v.s. us having relying on ourselves to diagnose a problem with little to no information.
    :-(
  • aquazr1aquazr1 Member
    My question concerns how to properly track the payments made through the web page while this is down. If you set them up in Quicken to send will there be duplicate payments or will they be matched up?
  • I have a similar problem. Except, I have online payments to send, and it won't send them. They won't even show up in the items to send list.
    lsims1646
    If you make your online payments directly thru the online Quicken Bill Pay website, then whenever Quicken fixes the issue and you are able to once again sync your Quicken with your Quicken Bill Pay, those payments will be downloaded into your appropriate Quicken account.

If, for record keeping purposes, you want to make an entry into your Quicken account for each payment you schedule online thru Quicken Bill Pay, then be sure NOT to select Send Online Payment in the Check # column (you can instead leave this blank) and enter the payment in the register also. After (whenever the issue is resolved) you are able to once again sync with Quicken Bill Pay, you will see duplicate entries in your register - one entry for the online payment made directly thru Quicken Bill Pay (the Check # will say Sent and there is a lightening bolt symbol next to it) and the other for the "record keeping" entry you made while this issue was still unresolved. You can then delete the record keeping duplicate entry (NOT the Sent entry).

Again, hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. Personally, I am NOT making duplicate entries in my Quicken account for payments I schedule thru Quicken Bill Pay. I will rely on the first sync with Quicken Bill Pay when the issue is finally corrected to have those payments automatically entered into the Quicken register.
  • You can also match the online payment with the Quicken entry during reconciliation.
  • John WendtJohn Wendt Member ✭✭
    Since the latest update, my quicken bill pay connection is no longer active and when I try to deactivate, reativate, I get error. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • mkabellamkabella Member
    Me too. Using Quicken for Windows subscription, version R23.18 build 27.1.23.18. Updated quicken today and QBP is gone/not working. Please help as the work around is onerous. If I wanted to manage my bills through a web page I would use my bank's bill pay service and not pay for QBP and a subscription.
  • One more user suffering from this OSU downloads accounts, but QBP is not on the list, and attempting other means to send QBP on-line payments fails. Problem occurred immediately when I updated tp R23.18 build 27.1.23.17 and build 27.1.23.18 did not fix it.
  • Likewise with 23.18. There is no option to pay via QBP when make new "check" it seems to default to print status - I have never in 40 years with Quicken used it to print a check just using BP for everything. Bad time to have this happen as I want to pay stuff before 12/31 for tax deduction this year and prepay some stuff. Can get to BP online so will make payments there and hope they show up in program soon.
  • Old GuyOld Guy Member ✭✭
    Yup. We have described this problem quite well. I understand this issue is being worked on by the tech(s). The question is when will the fix come. For me it's a major annoyance. Quicken remains one of the best, but others are catching up.
  • Richard YoungRichard Young Member ✭✭✭
    Dec 24 OSU/QPB Status Update: 

(I am just a concerned Community Member. Since Quicken is not providing any info, I hope this note helps members new to this discussion)

Here is how to weather the storm until Quicken fixes the issue.  Nobody knows when that will be.

1)  The 23 R18 release did NOT fix the issue.

2)  Do NOT try to setup Quicken Bill Pay (QBP)!  It will not work. Several of us have spent hours trying to get it working and wasted MANY hours in our futile attempts.
     - If you try to set it up, it will probably break you bank connections.
     - If your bank connection is broken, I would recommend resetting it, then leave it alone.

2) Personally I deactivated all of my QBP lnks and will NOT try to set them up again until Quicken fixes the issue. My account downloads are working (but not QBP)

3) If you have to pay bills, go to the QBP website and pay you bills online.  You can then manually enter them in Quicken, but as mentioned above, do NOT set them up to SEND.  This could cause them to double pay one QBP is working again.

4) Like I said previously, don't try to fix QBP.  You can't.   Sit back, forget QBP and enjoy Christmas (or your Holiday of choice).
  • TerryTerry Member ✭✭
    Quicken got spun off from Intuit because the income stream was insignificant. I love quicken but hope it can make it as a stand alone. Not sure about the alternative.
  • MarauderMarauder Member ✭✭✭
    I saw the alert about Billpay but it does not characterize the issue properly.

Today I found that one of by checking accounts that I set up through my BillPay service was asking for a password. Not knowing what password it wanted I deactivated BillPay for that account and then tried to reactivate it.

Re-activation fails. So two issues:

1) QBP should not be asking for a password for an account that is already configured and working

2) QBP will not allow the reactivation of bill pay

I also noticed that a different checking account, one that was not being used with BillPay, was also asking for a password when it should not be doing so.

All of my accounts were set up properly and they have been working for months so, something is causing a corruption of the password fault or simply clearing passwords.

I seem to recall this happened before after an update. I use quicken monthly so it seems every time I use it there is an update which I consider risky.

Right now I cannot use Quicken to manage my finances.

What is the ETA for a correction?

Thank you
  • All I want for Christmas is for QBP to work like it did for the past 20 years.
  • I think you'll have more luck wishing for 2 front teeth :smiley:
  • One week and still no resolution, nor communication!
This discussion has been closed.