How can I get Quicken to let me complete a sale of an existing mutual fund?

I have an existing mutual fund. When I click on the fund in the account list, then in that mutual fund I click on 'enter transaction', then click on 'sell' When I complete the spaces all is fine until I get to the 'security name' window. The name of the security does no show up on the list. if I type it in completely it wants to set up a new account. I have been able to complete sells from this account in 2017 and 2018.
How can I resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been able to complete the transaction, it appears that closing out of Quicken and logging back in a second time solved the problem. Thanks for your assistance

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for the fund in Tools > Security list. Perhaps the fund is hidden.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    I did and it was so I unchecked the hide box, attempted to enter the transaction and it still didn't show on the security name list. I closed quicken completely and signed in again, attempted the transaction again and it still doesn't show in the security name list.
    Next?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the Security Type for the mutual fund security in Quicken?  If it is “Market Index”, change it. Did you change it recently?
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    It is a mixed asset mutual fund. There is nothing that says market index. Nothing has been changed since I opened the account and I have been able to enter the sell in prior years. all of the details are the same as others that I was able to enter the transaction
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @budi

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with creating this sale of mutual fund in Quicken and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!
    Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on Holdings for the account, does the fund show up as expected?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been able to complete the transaction, it appears that closing out of Quicken and logging back in a second time solved the problem. Thanks for your assistance
This discussion has been closed.