Two new biller issues - yet again @quicken_Sarah can you help?

Hi @Quicken_Sarah . Happy holidays. Hoping I can get your help yet again with new Online Biller issues. Details here:

1. When I ENTER a bill in Online Billers 4 things should happen:
1. Debit paying account
2. Credit paid to account
3. Show Reminder as paid and
4. Show the OB as paid with paid date.

The first 3 happen no issue. But two things can happen with the 4th on some (not all) accounts. Either it reverts to awaiting new bill OR in a few days it can find the same bill once again asking to enter and not being aware it is already scheduled to be paid. Entering creates a duplicate payment. Skip goes to "awaiting new bill". Chase is the worst here, but not the only account. With Chase, though my credit card had fraud so they issued me a new card. I combined the old card and new when I added the new so I would have all history in one place. Perhaps that was a mistake and if so, how do I fix this? Should I delete the combined account and re-add the new one as a new account? Is that possible?

Sherlock says this is the solution but it worries me to try this. Should I? Is it safe?

"Select the original cloud account, Delete, enter yes, select Delete, Close, and OK"

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7863974/new-issue-with-linked-online-billers-and-reminders/p1?new=1

2. I now have 2 cards from Chase for different uses. When I added the new account, the old one disappeared from billers (not accounts) replaced by the new and says "already added" when I try to add another chase account (the older one). Both appear to be working in Accounts, but I need both in Online Billers.

Perhaps Chase, Citi and AT&T should be purged from my online billers on your server and reentered? Is there another way for Quicken to recognize I have two account at Chase for billers? And cure the issue 1 as well.

I really want to start a new year with all working and clean - whatever it takes to do that. and hopefully as cleanly as possible.

I'd sincerely appreciate help. Here, email, messages, phone - whatever is best for you.

Thanks, Bob

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And the Hartford has new issues again and likely has three entries in my online billers on your server. I should change insurance companies :)

I'll have to call support tomorrow and hope I can get some and preferably all of this worked through.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah may have been looking for the wrong quicken Sarah :) One user seems to be banned. I hope this reaches you and you can help.

Called support this morning and the support age t unfamiliar with the dreaded Biller Already Added. Says cannot fix until you fix your issue with One Step Update. Perhaps. I really would like to chat with someone well familiar with this as issues are a little different than normal. I would settle to have all entries for three different billers deleted from my Online Billers on your server. Hopefully you, or someone at Quicken that can help will reply soon. Would love to start 2020 clean and functional.

Thanks.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It can be tricky tagging people with spaces in their ID. You need to use double quotes, i.e., @ " quick...  and then pick the ID from the pop up list presented. 

@Quicken Sarah 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ahhh, thanks. She used to have an underscore but that account was banned. Hopefully @Quicken Sarah will work! Thanks so much.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    She may be enjoying some time off for the holidays. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    So nice to see from you! Happy Holidays! Off to check my messages.

~Bob
This discussion has been closed.