QFX Files Work OK with 3 Credit Accounts, but NOT with a 4th Account

I download transactions from Discover and Chase using companies download screen. I do them individually, selecting QFX file format. I open the downloaded file with Quicken on the account in question. Transactions display in the "Accept Transaction" window, where I accept them. One credit account from Chase will not display anything in the Accept window. Shows zero transactions. I have opened the successful files and the unsuccessful file in Notepad. They look about the same, although the unsuccessful one seems to not have Carriage Returns and New Line codes -- it displays all one continuous stream of characters. While this suggests something amiss at the bank website, I am not sure how to handle. Am running Windows10 on a desktop with Q2019 R23.14. Mondo patch for R23.14 just installed. OSU for Chase accounts does not do anything different. Manual entry of the transactions is next unless someone has a suggestion on what I might try.
Thanks for any help., Ken

Comments

• chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just a silly question here...have you tried using One Step Update with the download method of Direct Connect for Chase?  Chase credit card accounts download perfectly with no real user intervention using that connection method and One Step Update.

NOTE: You may have to authorize Chase to download transactions to Quicken at chase.com to get this to work the first time.  
  • Ken45140
    Ken45140 Member ✭✭✭
    Not a silly question, rather obvious. Have not tried that. Stuck on my previous method. Will try it out.
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure, when you change the connection method, that you LINK (do not ADD) the account to your current accounts.  

Adding the account instead of linking the account will result in a duplicate account created.

Note that duplicate transactions may be downloaded the first time and will require some deletions to get the register back in order.

And finally, Discover should download via Express Web Connect using One Step Update too.  So, basically you should never have to manually create a transaction file and import into Quicken.  
  • Ken45140
    Ken45140 Member ✭✭✭
    CTH: Your "silly" question resulted in success for me! Thanks so much. Had to go through some hoops with the bank but all is well now. Amazing. Good thing I updated only to R23.14 and not to the most current R23.18, which seems to still have issues with OSU. But the OSU I got seemed to work well and downloaded all of my transactions for the account which would not update from the QFX file. A big tip of the hat to you for your "silly" question.
    Ken
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the original issue, the carriage returns and newline characters are optional.  There are a variety of display tools that will display the QFX so that it is easier to comprehend.  For example, if you remove the header information and save the file with a .XML suffix, you may view the file in Internet Explorer or Edge  (the default program on Windows).

One reason you may not be seeing any transactions appear in the Downloaded Transactions tab in Quicken is if the FITID field in the imported transactions have been previously imported into the register.  Note: Quicken relies on the FITID value to uniquely identify the imported transactions so the transactions are only presented once even if we delete the transaction.
  • Ken45140
    Ken45140 Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock: thanks for the additional pointers. Increases my learning.
    Ken
This discussion has been closed.