problem with "Specify Lots Sold in This Transaction"

Hello,

The "Specify Lots Sold in This Transaction" is inaccurate. For a sale of mutual funds shares, I entered the number of shares to sell and then clicked on "Specify Lots". On the "Specify Lots Sold in This Transaction" pop-up, I entered the "Shares to Sell" for about forty (40) separate purchases, which had been previously planned, in all purchases selling all the available shares for that purchase date. When I finished the entries, the "Remaining to Select" field at the bottom was not zero: -0.164. So I manually copied the values that I had entered into the "Shares to Sell" field into a spreadsheet, and the values summed to the value in the "Total Shares to Sell" field at the bottom of the pop-up. That is, this verifies that the values that I entered totaled to the value of "Total Shares to Sell", so the "Remaining to Select" should have been 0.00.

Please review the code for this function.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I suspect something is amiss with your data.

First back up your data in case something goes wrong in the steps that follow, then:

-- Find and resolve any Placeholders that may be affecting this security. These are hidden by default. Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions [edit - corrected location of the option] and check the "Show hidden transactions" box if it is not already.

-- If that doesn't fix it, go to File > File operations > Validate and repair. Run this first with the Validate File option and if the problem persists try the Rebuild investing lots option.

Please post back with your results.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Small problem: Please see attached screen capture. In the Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions pop-up, there is no option for "Show hidden transactions". Perhaps it is somewhere else.
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestions. The "Show hidden transactions" was already checked. I tried entering the values again and the total came out right this time. I did check the numbers last time, so I think they were right. Perhaps one of the numbers did not enter when I wrote it. Anyway, all is well now.
    Happy New Year.
This discussion has been closed.