Validation Problem

Options
Windows 10 Quicken R23.18

Did a Validate on my file and everything appeared to going just fine until I clicked in the Quicken program at which time the progress box displayed “program not responding” and the screen went grey. The mouse pointer turned to the spinning progress icon and nothing progressed from there. I closed Quicken and reopened and there appeared to issues with 2 accounts with icons next to them that I had not seen before. Both opened and the Ending Balance was unchanged. Restored the data file and reran validate and did not click in the Quicken program and it completed correctly. Validation showed no issues with the file. Anyone else have this issue happen to them?

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Validation can take a long time and Windows can report Quicken as "not responding". Do not kill Quicken. It is running, but it has not responded in long enough of a time that Windows thinks it's died. Validation will eventually finish.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.