Edit an existing transaction.

Options
How do I edit Scheduled transaction? The help topic is not helpful. For example changing the recurring amount, the credit card or the date.
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For current version of Quicken Mac, Double click the transaction. In the blue bar that appears, click Edit All Instances:

In the pane that opens, you can change the Details (including amount and account) and the Schedule (click the schedule tab at the top of the pane).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For current version of Quicken Mac, Double click the transaction. In the blue bar that appears, click Edit All Instances:

In the pane that opens, you can change the Details (including amount and account) and the Schedule (click the schedule tab at the top of the pane).
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. That is once again very helpful. I also note one must do it with a future transaction and not one that is marked as paid.

I apologize for flooding this forum with tons of questions. I do my best to research it first and ask when I come up empty handed.
  • RickO
    Options
    You're welcome. Glad to help.
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still stuck. That works if the future transaction appears on the account. I want to change the principle portion of my mortgage payment that does not appear as pending. How do I do that?

My work around was to create a new transaction with the correct one, but how do is see the one that needs to be deleted? Is there a way to see all scheduled transactions? I want to make modifications to several that exist.
  • RickO
    Options
    There are two ways to see the future scheduled transactions:

1. Go to the Bills & Income tab and click the Projected Balances section there.
    2. In each account register, click menu Accounts > Settings... Toward the bottom you'll see a setting to control how far out to show future scheduled transactions. I have all of mine set to "Show next occurrence".

This discussion has been closed.