Tax Planner - wants to install something from original Quicken.MSI package

Running R23.17 -
Flipped into the Tax Planner to see how things ended for year 2019.
As I click between screens, there is a pop-up from Windows, indicating "gathering information" and then attempts to install a "feature" from the origianl Quicken installation .MSI package.
Not sure what is going on - as I have not downloaded the R23.18 for the new 2020 rates, and everything worked just fine last week - prior to the year change.
Just another strangeness that Quicken is trying to update -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Windows updates have been installed since last week?
    Looks like someone stepped on your Quicken installation.
    Try a QCLEANUI uninstall / reinstall.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2020
    There was a silent patch pushed to Tax Planner for R23.18. It may have not been a version specific patch.  The Year pull-down was still showing 2018/2019 and they were able to patch it to 2019/2020.

You will notice a patch update folder if you hunt under Program Data.  There is stuff going on under the hood, mostly unnoticed.

adding- I have installed R23.18 and now 23.20 running with updated tax tables. 2nd year in a row Quicken has had new tables available for the new year. Kudos to developers for making this the norm.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2020
    My experience with taking R23.18, updating the new 2020 tax rates.... link below.  Would be interested if your experience the same issue (deleted prior saved 2019 scenarios 1,2,3). You might was to print to pdf a copy of any scenarios 1,2,3 you have created for 2019 before taking the update.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866035/tax-planner-preserve-prior-saved-scenarios-1-2-3-when-updating-tax-rates-for-new-year#latest
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    My experience was similar. Not a big issue for me though as 2019 actual is available and any what-ifs for 2019 like IRA/No IRA would be based on modifying the actual in a new scenario.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    ok... just for grins - I downloaded and installed R23.18 - and re-booted Win10 -
    Same "new" thing - This is what happens when I go into Tax Planner - ....
    it wants to "install" something

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @ps56k. FWIW, when I upgraded on Jan 1 to R23.18,  I did not see those screens!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah.... I may have deleted something when I did some disk cleanup of /temp/ files that Quicken wanted....
    SO - just downloaded from my Quicken account a total copy of R23.18 - installed it -
    and things look good....  just needed a bigger hammer -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.