Why won't Quicken allow me to enter bond prices for previous months?

My boind prices in my portfolio for previous months have disappeared. I am unable to enter prices currently. Any ideas?

Comments

• I am unable to manually enter bond prices in my porfolio. All previous months will not allow any pricing entries for bonds.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try CTRL-Y to bring up your security list, then click on the particular bond name then click UPDATE followed by EDIT PRICE HISTORY.
    You can also search Q HELP for "Import Security Prices" if you have many quotes to import.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Did not work, but thank you!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Edit Security Details and change the type to anything else (eg Stock)
    • Add a ticker for the bond (anything you choose that is not already in use in your file (eg, BOND-1)
    • Allow the program to copy prices to the new ticker and to delete the old prices. 
    • Close the details and see if you can now enter a price and if your old prices came back.  If, so, you should be good to carry on.
    • If you bond had a ticker before, edit the details and change the ticker accordingly. 
    • Change the security type back to bond.

HTH

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, please do CTRL-Y.  What does it say in the TYPE column adjacent to your bonds?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Some are listed as bonds others as stocks. I will change all to bonds.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are listed as bonds others as stocks. I will change all to bonds.
    It appears to me that you have a problem with your price history data for those bonds.  A fix I have found helpful in some cases is to copy the price-history data for the problematic security.  One way to do so is to change the ticker.  Since Quicken does not expect or accept tickers on Bonds, if the security type is Bond, you cannot change the ticker.  Thus my prior advice.  

Proceed however you wish.  
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 2020
    Hello @bauergroup,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response. 

It seems the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie