How do I enter the transaction for sending my RMD direct to a charity from my Investment account wit

I had my RMD sent direct to a charity from my investment account without going through my bank. How dos I enter this so it shows up at tax time?

Best Answer

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe what you are citing is a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).  You might start here for such discussions or search the community for QCD:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20048883#Comment_20048883

• Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help.
  • Truman100
    Truman100 Member ✭✭
    I am still having a mental block , or something. My brokerage sent a check direct to a charity from an IRA and treating it as an RMD even though I never physically saw the cash. I understand how to enter the transaction for the sale of stocks/bonds so I end up with a cash balance in my IRA in Quicken. How do I enter the transaction for the check which the Brokerage sent to the charity so that it shows up in Quicken when I run my taxc schedule for this (2020) year?
  • I enter a withdrawal from my ira . enter name of charity . use charity as category. The withdrawal will count as part of your RMD for that year but it is not deductible on itemized deductions on your tax return.
This discussion has been closed.