Quicken has on its own added shares to a 2007 mutual fund dividend reinvestment

Options
I just discovered that Quicken has been steadily adding shares to a 2007 mutual fund dividend reinvestment without my doing anything. It has not happened with any other dividend in the security account nor has it changed the list of lots under the account listing in Investing. However, the incorrect balance shows up in the lot list when I sell the shares. I suppose that the simple solution would be to delete the original reinvestment and enter a new clean one, but I do not know whether this would have other consequences.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about rephrasing your question and situation with more specifics?  For example I don't I don't know what you mean by:
      a 2007 mutual fund dividend reinvestment
      any other dividend in the security account 
      the list of lots under the account listing in Investing

Your "simple solution" is likely to have several "other consequences".
  • EMEL
    EMEL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a mutual fund account and reinvest the dividends received in the account. Each reinvested dividend adds shares to the account the same as any other investment in the fund adds shares. In 2007 I received a dividend in the account and reinvested in shares of the fund. Very recently, when I sold shares in the account and was choosing specific lots to sell, I discovered that, through the years, the number of shares in that 2007 reinvestment showing in the "specify lots" list of lots available for sale had steadily increased even though I had not changed nor added shares to that reinvestment. The number of shares showing for that reinvestment in the mutual fund account register had not changed nor had the number of shares in the transaction history for that mutual fund under "Security Detail View" for that fund.