How do I set up a budget for my total monthly mortgage payment (interest + principal)

How do I track my totally monthly/annual mortgage payment in Quicken for Mac. budget? My mortgage loan account is tracking the loan accurately (principal and interest) but I can't figure how to get the budget to show my total monthly payment.

Best Answer

Answers

• HQ
    HQ Member ✭✭✭
    John, Thank you for your response. I believe I've heard that it has been a priority for more than a year. It must be complicated.

In the meantime, Is there a way to "disconnect" the mortgage loan account from the budget software? So... the budget software
    just tracks the monthly debt (my total payment) that my lender makes to my checking account?
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You could remove the loan account (deactivating it wouldn't be enough), but I personally wouldn't do that.

I would deal with the budget limitation until it is resolved. That way, your net worth is correct and your prior transactions are still correct. If you delete it, then all your prior mortgage payments would be orphaned. 
  • macscad
    macscad Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    We have been seeing for quite some time that this is a major known issue and will be addressed by the project managers..

May I ask when? When will basic accounting and management functions be added to the MAC version?

Functions like budgeting ALL of your expenses, like credit card and mortgage payments, car payments, etc. items that AFFECT A BUDGET!!!!!!! [rant redacted]

Oh.. and you cannot even PRINT A SINGLE MONTH'S BUDGET REPORT!!!!! What is the PURPOSE OF A BUDGET IF YOU CANNOT SEE MONTH TO MONTH ACTIVITY?????????

[rant redacted/removed profanity]
This discussion has been closed.