Online Payee List lost

Tech support resolved a problem with BILL PAY but in the process I found out I no longer have an online payee list.

How do I restore it? Did make a backup before we deleted the duplicate Financial Institution account

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello jerrbritt,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to help.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, would you mind clarifying the type of Bill Pay service you're using (i.e. Quicken Bill Pay or Direct Connect Bill Pay through your bank)?

Also, have you attempted to access the Online Payee List via the Bill Pay Service Provider's website to determine if it was retained there and may only be missing from your Quicken software?

You may consider restoring the referenced backup file, that was made prior to this issue occurring. You can find steps and more information to do so here.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jerrbitt
    jerrbitt Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    Quicken R19.7 Build 23.1.19.7
    I am paying bills through Quicken Bill Pay. The Online Payee list is absent from Quicken but intact on Bill Pay.
    When I try to set up account through Online Services, it goes through the steps and ends with a message "Encountered an error. It's not your fault". And the message title is Quicken Bill Pay --NEW. Why it says NEW? Since I have the service and I can direct connect with Bill Pay through their site. I called them and they say the problem is with the Quicken software. I can pay my bills through Bill Pay and use the Payee list therein.
This discussion has been closed.