Unable to upload new account data from Peoples United Bank

When attempting to updat a Peoples United bank checking account, I receive an "MFA_REQUIRED_ACTION". I've managed to upload recent activity once in three weeks. Any suggestions. Peoples says they're "working on it".

Comments

• ehhorn
    ehhorn Member ✭✭
    FYI: MAC OS El Capitan
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hello @ehhorn

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are receiving an "MFA_REQUIRED_ACTION" error this means that the financial institution is requiring an additional step to download transactions into Quicken.

This may either be in the form of code being sent or an option to enable activity for Quicken on the bank's website.

I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • William J
    William J Member ✭✭✭
    From what I understand there is an issue in how Quicken and People's software interact. I have had this issue sine 2016, or before. From what I have been able to understand Quicken mobile uses WebConnect coding, while Direct Connect is the preferred method for use in the program. From what I understand Direct Connect has more features. The only solution I have found is that by calling People's they can unlock your WebConnect password. Apparently it locks after multiple failed attempts. The reason that users do not encounter the problem right away is that the, from what I understand, the password resets every 90 days or so. One must understand this is happening and change the password in Quicken mobile before they get locked out. Otherwise it is back on the phone with Peoples to unlock and create a new password.

Long and the short until People's modifies Quickens ability to access the data according to Quickens requirements the problem will remain.
This discussion has been closed.