How do I resolve error in setting up new Fidelity NetBenefits account?

AKmike
AKmike Member ✭✭
I get the error " You have no more accounts at Fidelity NetBenefits to activate" when trying to set up a new account in Quicken Mac 2017, Ver 4.8.6. I can log onto the Fidelity account and see the data. (Mac OS 10.14.6)

Best Answer

• AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I spoke with Fidelity again and it turns out that the Quicken download function has not been enabled on the employer plan that my account is in. This would explain why the message comes back from Quicken that I have no more accounts to activate.

Answers

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Review the information presented in Quicken's menu: Accounts > Set Up Transaction Download. Check both tabs, but pay special attention to Already Set Up.

Click on the blue text (e.g. "1 account") under each financial institution heading to see a listing of the accounts.

Lets us know if this helps.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    No success. I can see the account under the tab "Connection may be available". I get the same response". " You have not more accounts at Fidelity NetBeneifts to acitvate" when I try to get connected.
  • lhossus
    At this point I would set up a separate Quicken data file (File > New > Start from scratch) and attempt to connect to the several Net Benefits accounts all at once.

If that works, then go back and deactivate the existing accounts for the login you are using. Proceed to activate all the accounts at once.

But, I'm wondering: why do you have more than one account for one login at Fidelity net benefits. My wife and I each have an account, but they are separate logins.
  • AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    I only have one account at Fidelity Net Benefits which is the one I’m trying to set up in Quicken. It is a new account with my former employer who moved the benefits management from Vanguard to Fidelity. I had an old Fidelity account that was closed seven years ago but it was set up on the Fidelity Investments Mac institution. I deleted this old account from Quicken before I tried the last time to set up the new at Fidelity NetBenefits. The old account does not show up in the “Get Connected” tab of accounts. The new account does show up on the "Connection May be Available" tab.

I have seven accounts have been working for years, including five separate accounts at Schwab.

I appreciated you help. I’ll try setting up a new data file to see of that works.
  • AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    I tried setting up a new data file and a new account but I get the same response that there are no other accounts at Fidelity NetBenefits to activate.

I went back to my original data file to set up automatic downloads again. The Fidelity NetBenefits account does not show up in the list of accounts under the "already Setup" tab. It also does not show up in the "No Download available" list of accounts.
  • lhossus
    I just ran through the process of creating a new data file and setting up a net benefits account. It went smoothly. However there are a lot of variables in this process and you may be giving different answers that lead you down a different path.

At this point, I think you're going to have to tell us exactly what you're doing to set up this account. Screenshots would be ideal, but a detailed set of steps with the values you enter and the selections you make should suffice.

Or you could go to Quicken Support where they can see your screen and watch you go through the process. From Quicken's menus: Help > Contact Support
  • AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    This is how I set up new Quicken account in Quicken Mac 2017

1. On menu bar, selected: Accounts > New > Investments > IRA (used defaults for currency, cost basis, etc).
    2. Received same error message in attached screenshot #1.
    3. Hit Cancel
    4. Selected "Create the account....." in new dialog box, See screenshot 2
    5. Then I manually added investments to account call "IRA" which was the default name Quicken used.
    6. Then I selected the new account on sidebar
    7. Went to: Accounts > Settings > Downloads > Set up transaction download
    8. In new window of select banks, selected “Fidelity NetBenefits “
    9. Click “Continue”
    10. New window to enter login information for Fidelity NetBenefits
    a. Entered same Fidelity login name in Customer ID:
    b. Entered same Fidelity password in Password/PIN
    c. Check Add Password to Keychain
    8. Updating accounts message flashed on screen
    9. Returns following screen: see attached screenshot 1
  • lhossus
    In your step 1, I would try selecting: Accounts > New > Investments > 401(k).

Or if not 401(k), then go to the Fidelity net benefits website and find out what account type it is.
  • Did you (AKmike) resolve your issue? I have tried multiple times to set up my account without any success.
  • I have followed the advice given by many and still get errors when trying to create a new Fidelity NetBenefits account in Quicken Deluxe 2020 (Mac OS 13.6).
    Specifically:

I am not able to set up a new account and connection to Fidelity NetBenefits.

When entering my name and password I receive the error "…you have already set up all of your accounts at Fidelity NetBenefits for the user name password you provided.”

I have changed my Fidelity username and retried Quicken but this also fails.

I am able to login to my Fidelity account and have removed all old accounts in Quicken that have previously connected to Fidelity. I have also tried creating a new (empty) Quicken file and receive the same error message.

It seems that Quicken is still looking at an old connection but where do I look to correct the problem?

Any new thoughts or solutions would be helpful- thanks.
  • lhossus
    It seems that Quicken is still looking at an old connection but where do I look to correct the problem?

Any new thoughts or solutions would be helpful- thanks.

Since you, and AKmike, have already tried a new Quicken data file it seems unlikely that an old connection is a factor in the problem.

My strong suspicion is that the account type at Fidelity is one not supported by Quicken. Or a bug has been introduced recently that has the same effect. I have no trouble connecting my Net Benefits account to a new datafile so the problem is not universal.

Or it could be that your employer has somehow restricted the net benefits capabilities - You might want to contact customer service for your Net Benefits account.

You could try giving a step-by-step sequence of how you're trying to set up the account. Screenshots will be very helpful. That might help us see where things are going wrong.

Or you can try contacting Quicken support. They can look over your virtual shoulder and see how you're going about the connection setup. In Quicken's menus select Help > Contact Support

• AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    My problem still exists. I spoke with Fidelity today and the rep said that Quicken should work with my account but that maybe Fidelity has some older setup that was not working. She said Fidelity NetBenefits runs a new setup or something a couple of times a week that maybe my new account was not completely set up in the Fidelity system. She said to wait a week and see if it was resolved.
  • AKmike
    AKmike Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I spoke with Fidelity again and it turns out that the Quicken download function has not been enabled on the employer plan that my account is in. This would explain why the message comes back from Quicken that I have no more accounts to activate.
This discussion has been closed.