Tax planner does not show 2019 IRA distributions

Until 12/31 the tax planner picked up my IRA distributions as I deposited them in a bank or brokerage account. In 2020 they are no longer shown when I try to estimate 2019 taxes; the planner just shows the one Jan 2020 distribution. I cannot manually enter the 2019 data either. What's happened?

Best Answer

• Holymoley
    Holymoley Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I run the validate repair tool, reopen tax planner and it shows the same info, and missing amounts, it showed before for 2019, but as 2020. I click on the year and reset to 2019 etc and the right info comes up same as last month. Thanks folks. This program has just got some jerky quirks.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Year at the top left of the Tax Planner set to 2019?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2020
    Assuming you are updated to the latest version R23.21; if not, do that first.

In Tax Planner, upper left corner, select Year link, then select 2019 in main window. Click Next and your 2019 data should be showing in the appropriate sections.  IRA distributions will show up in Other Income.  I just tested this in my file and it displays all my 2019 data as expected, including IRA distributions.
  • Holymoley
    Holymoley Member ✭✭
    3 weeks ago, that's how it worked. Now it shows the one distribution I made last week and omits 7 or 8 from 2019. I have tried the click on 2019, then Next, several times. And now I see that schedule D is empty, but if I go back to Reports-Sched. D, I get the full schedule.
  • Holymoley
    Holymoley Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I run the validate repair tool, reopen tax planner and it shows the same info, and missing amounts, it showed before for 2019, but as 2020. I click on the year and reset to 2019 etc and the right info comes up same as last month. Thanks folks. This program has just got some jerky quirks.
This discussion has been closed.