How do I get my Quicken cloud entries to Sync and download to my Quicken laptop?

Steve Cotton
Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
For the past two weeks, the entries on my Quicken mobile appear to upload to the cloud, but they have not been downloading to my laptop. The synch notification indicates a successful update. I thought it might be related to the one-step synch operation. My software freezes in the midst of a synch if I synch from the mobile tab, but it completes when I synch from the home page. I have turned off animation. All of my other accounts are synching properly, but not my Cloud entries.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will suggest to go to preferences + "mobile & Web" and reset you cloud account from your desktop. Then, on your laptop, go to preferences + "Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts". Click on "Sign in as a different user" and re-enter your informations. It should do it.
  • Steve Cotton
    Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
    I did. Same problem. Now one of my bank accounts is not synching and my one stepnupdate is hanging up.
  • Steve Cotton
    Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
    The problems just got bigger. Now, I have three.

1. I still cannot synch cloud entries to my laptop.
    2. One step is not freezing. It is now just spinning and spinning. I let it run for three hours and it still did not complete the function.
    3. One of my bank accounts is not updating on my laptop.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Steve Cotton

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and version that you are currently running?

At any point do you receive an error message for the bank account that isn't updating?

Lastly, is the laptop the only computer that you use to run Quicken or do you have the file stored in the cloud or on a network drive for use on another computer?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Steve Cotton
    Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
    I am running 2020 R24.11

I have disabled animation as recommended and I have reloaded my cloud account. I even uninstalled my mobile Quicken and reinstalled. No difference. My accounts still do not synch.

I download transactions from two banks and an investment company. Only one account at open bank is giving me trouble. I received an error that the account was not properly configured. EWC-DC Mismatch. I tried deactivating and reactivating. I then get an error that I cannot connect with the Quicken server and that it is not my fault.
  • Steve Cotton
    Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
    I figured out the bank problem. Now I need a solution for the problem that started this thread. Synching ,my laptop with my mobile device entries.

I forgot to answer your question about devices. I synch only between my laptop and the cloud entries from my mobile telephone. All was working well until last week.
  • Steve Cotton
    Steve Cotton Member ✭✭
    And Quicken is still crashing during one-step update. It always freezes when updating "transactions."
This discussion has been closed.