Health Insurance Deduction shows under Pension Income in Budget

lou_garfinkle
lou_garfinkle Member ✭✭
I have a monthly scheduled transaction for my pension for the 1st of each month. I deduct $1052 each month for health insurance. I use the net salary in my budget but for some reason the $1052 is added to the net salary so I get an overage. Any ideas why this would happen? Quicken Deluxe for MAC 2020 5.13.3. Catalina 10.15.2

Best Answer

Answers

• lou_garfinkle
    lou_garfinkle Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for MAC 2020, v5.13.3. Catalina v10.14.2
  • lou_garfinkle
    lou_garfinkle Member ✭✭
    Catalina v10.15.2
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, Lou:

A few things could cause your issue. The first I would check is that your transaction for your Pension (less health insurance) is correctly setup. Does it post correctly to your desired account? That is, is the total amount correct:pension less health insurance? Are you splitting this transaction?

If the scheduled split transaction is correct in your register, then I would look at your budget and make sure desired goals are correct. All the values should be entered as positive amounts.
  • lou_garfinkle
    lou_garfinkle Member ✭✭
    I setup the split transaction correctly. I'm using Net Salary for my goal but for some reason, the health deduction is being added back to the net salary to get the overage by the exact amount of the deduction. in my budget.
This discussion has been closed.