Why are amounts showing in budget actual for non-included accounts?

Options
I have an investment account and an IRA. I have not included the IRA in my budget (Budget Actions->Select Accounts and left IRA unchecked). One of the categories I want to track is dividend income from my investment account, but not from the IRA. The actual is including amounts from the IRA but when I click on that amount, the only transactions listed are from the investment account. I thought by not checking the account, the dividend income would not show in the budget. Is there a way to track dividend income from only the investment account?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

If you are not including the account, the actuals in the account should not appear.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • T Herbert
    T Herbert Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken 2020 R23.21

I temporarily selected to have the IRA as held separate and the totals dropped to what I expected to see for dividends from just the investment account. Changed the account back to NOT being held separate and the amounts stayed where they should have been; however, when I opened Quicken tonight the dividend income in the budget is back to including the IRA dividends.

Thanks for the reference link above. I have run a validation since the last update and had no errors. Although the budget is new for this year, I may try rebuilding another new one to see if the glitch goes away.
This discussion has been closed.