Posting Date not displayed in Posting Date column of register

When I match a downloaded transaction to an entry in my register, the Posting Date properly displays in the Posting date column of the register. If I then close Quicken and reopen it, the Posting Date disappears and is never displayed again.

If I use CTRL+SHIFT Copy Transaction (one of Quicken's secret, undocumented, commands that really should be documented) I can see that the Posting Date is still associated with the transaction.

Why doesn't the Posting Date properly display? PLEASE FIX!

QWIN HB&RP R23.21

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't reproduce this. My posting dates stay where they are across sessions. If you remove and add back the Posting Date column, do the dates reappear? If they do, it's a display problem. If they don't, it's a data problem.
    I also can't reproduce your other problem with click-ahead during OSU crashing Quicken, and I tried pretty hard, clicking like mad. I think your data file may be corrupt. Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have a fairly big .QDF file (300304K, 218 accounts, 91578 transactions) so that might affect both of these issues. Who knows...

Removing and adding back the Posting date column doesn't help me: the column is still blank.

(As for click-ahead, try running OSU, please post to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867197/qwin-crashes-due-to-mouse-click-ahead
    Try running OSU, wait for the Progress window to disappear, and then click on as many different accounts in the account list as you can while waiting for the OSU Status window to appear. Does that cause a crash?)
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    I know you have 2 separate issues, but I can't reproduce either one of them. That's why I think you have a data problem.
    I clicked like mad on the accounts and poor Quicken displayed their registers one after another for a long time without crashing.
    Your data file is certainly big, bigger than mine. You can experiment by trimming it with File > Copy. But as I asked before, Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes, I have tried File Validation, Super File Validation, and all the usual suspects.

Frankly, I'm not sure that either form of Validation does a very through job.
  • Rocket J Squirrel

This discussion has been closed.