Paystubs Lose Data

George P
George P Member ✭✭✭
I have recurring transastions for bi-weekly paystubs. Every so often, the pay stubs lose all the transfer data. The total amount remains, but when I go to 401k, savings, FSA, etc., accounts and click on a transaction and select go to transfer, I get a message that the transfer is from an account that no longer exists. This has changed from a rare occurance to a frequent occurance. Suggestions? (Already ran file integiry check.)

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Are you syncing to the Quicken Cloud?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • George P
    George P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The path is D:\Data\OneDrive\Quicken\Current.
    I have never enabled Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender (I think I know what that is, but not sure).
    Obviously, with that path I am using OneDrive.
    The files are marked "Always keep on this device."
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your active Quicken data file should not be stored on a cloud drive such as OneDrive as it can lead to corruption, Cloud drives should only be used for backup. Move your Quicken folder to C:\Users\<Usernam>\Documents

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.