Info disappearing

Lately when I go into my Quicken (2014) my entries that I made in the last few weeks are not there anymore?! I just re-entered several entries again & backed up & now they're gone again! WTH?! My Intuit syncing hasn't worked in months but this just started a few weeks ago.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Have you tried validating your data file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Lisa Ford said:
    … My Intuit syncing hasn't worked in months but this just started a few weeks ago.
    Online banking ability for Quicken 2014 ceased on 4/30/2017, so that should be expected.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Lisa Ford
    Lisa Ford Member ✭✭
    I just do the backup that's in the program. I see that some of them are just on my C Drive & others are on One Drive. Yes I did validate & repair the file.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, what is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file?
  • Lisa Ford
    Lisa Ford Member ✭✭
    I have backups in both of the following data files:
    C\users\lford\desktop\Quickenbackups\Qdata or
    C\users\lford\onedrive\documents\quicken\backups
  • Lisa Ford
    Lisa Ford Member ✭✭
    Plus, I also copied to a USB.....
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, what is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Not your backups.
  • Lisa Ford
    Lisa Ford Member ✭✭
    Please bear with me. My Quicken data is on my C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    That is the wrong place to keep it.  It should be moved to a folder named Quicken under Documents.
    Use Windows Explorer to move the .QDF file and then double click on it to have Quicken start and open the file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list