I have been using Bank of America -- Direct Connect vs Bank of America -- Quicken

I have been using Bank of America - Direct Connect for many years. In recent weeks, when I synchronize my BofA personal checking account, Quicken gives me an error message and shows that it has changed my access to BofA to Bank of America - Quicken. So, I need to change it back to Quicken - Direct to synchronize. It works once but then changes the connection method again to Quicken - Direct. Curiously, this does not happen when I synchronize another Quicken account. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Martin
    Martin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Natalie. I was able to disconnect my Quicken connection to Bank of America and reconnect via BOA - Quicken. That seems to be working. It does not have all the functionality of BOA - Direct Connect. I think it lacks bill-pay from within Quicken. I can live with that. Thanks for getting back to me.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Martin

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by following the steps outlined here.

This article does list this as a fix for 101/103 errors, these steps will often work to correct what you are experiencing.

Once these steps are complete, I would go to File > Save a backup to save a copy of the file with the correct connection method.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Martin
    Martin Member ✭✭
    My issue has gone from bad to worse. Now Quicken automatically cancels my download from Bank of America. I set main checking account to synch with Bank of America. I synch it once and then find in settings that the account shows that it is NOT set up for downloads. Is there a fix for this? Or, is there a competing program that does what Quicken promises to do but in my experience fails to deliver? Thanks.
  • Hello @Martin,

Thank you for providing those additional details, although I apologize you're still experiencing difficulties. 

At this time, I suggest contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• Martin
    Martin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Natalie. I was able to disconnect my Quicken connection to Bank of America and reconnect via BOA - Quicken. That seems to be working. It does not have all the functionality of BOA - Direct Connect. I think it lacks bill-pay from within Quicken. I can live with that. Thanks for getting back to me.
This discussion has been closed.