Income shows up in expenses

Options
Hi
I’m new to the budget tool and have this issue in my monthly view where an income like pension shows up under expenses for random months.
Is that a known issue or is there some user error that I accidentally did?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @tonkadog,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Quicken>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

If you have not already done so, please see the information outlined here for more details on getting started with budgeting on QMac.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• skateandlacroix
    Options
    I have a similar issue. I find that income categories show under the expense header in budgets, if there is no budget associated for that income category. If I put in $1 of budget for an income category then it shows under the income heading. It's really annoying when you receive income during a month that was not budgeted, and you see it included with expenses.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @skateandlacroix,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Validate and Repair on your Quicken data file, following the steps outlined here.

If the issue persists, you may consider contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken_Natalie  It seems to me the income-listed-as-expense in budgets when a budget amount hasn't been set has been pretty well documented as a bug in Quicken Mac by a number of users on this board. I would hope it has been documented as a bug to the developers; can you look in your internal bug database to see? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tonkadog
    tonkadog Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow thanks!
  • skateandlacroix
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this being resolved in a future update.
This discussion has been closed.