Quicken does not recognize the asset classes in the target retirement fund

I have Vanguard Institutional Target Retirement 2030 Fund (VTTWX) and Quicken does not seem to recognize the asset classes in it. It puts it under the "unclassified". I made sure the download asset class information is checked. Any idea how to fix this.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @frugalneuro,

Sorry, but Quicken is very limited with respect to Asset Classes which frequently causes the use of "unclassified". If you search this community, you'll likely find many postings about the limitations as well as many suggestions for improvements.  So changes are on our "wish list" but when improvements might come is anyone's guess.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Do TOOLS, Security List, click on the particular security, click "Edit Security Details", click DEFINE, and set the asset classes yourself.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• frugalneuro
    frugalneuro Member ✭✭
    In that box the asset classes are right. But when I run asset allocation report, it doesn't seem to reflect there.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Try doing the "Investing Asset Allocation" report and graph.  It appears to be working properly as opposed to the graph on the Home page.
    I'll report this discrepancy to the Moderators.

• frugalneuro
    frugalneuro Member ✭✭
    Yes, that's checked as well.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's checked as well.

WHAT's checked as well???
    When I ran the report and graph, it picked up my user-defined asset classes for the security that I showed, above.
    When I looked at the Home page graph, and narrowed it down to only that security and only for the time that held it, the entire graph was "Unclassified"

This is from the "Reports" section.

And this is from the Home Page.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you set the asset classes yourself, you must un-check the "Download asset class information" box or Quicken will over-write your selections the next time you download quotes.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • frugalneuro
    frugalneuro Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > (Quote)
    > WHAT's checked as well???When I ran the report and graph, it picked up my user-defined asset classes for the security that I showed, above.When I looked at the Home page graph, and narrowed it down to only that security and only for the time that held it, the entire graph was "Unclassified"
    > This is from the "Reports" section.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > And this is from the Home Page.

I thought someone asked me if "download asset class information" box was checked and I replied that it was. But don't see that post now. Not sure if someone deleted their post or I am going crazy:)