Error in balance on some filtered views on certain account (Q Mac)

Options
erniealvero
erniealvero Member ✭✭
I enter transactions manually on banking cash account. Balance amount on last 12 months, last 90 days, last 60 days, and last year views are correct. However, balance amount on last month, year to date, month to date, quarter to date, this year, last 30 days, last 14 days, and last 7 days views are incorrect. It has nothing to do with account reconciliation since balance amount on 12/31/2019 is correct.

Comments

• erniealvero
    erniealvero Member ✭✭
    Options
    This error shows up in running balance total. Overall balance amount listed for account is correct.
  • MFred1105
    MFred1105 Member
    Options
    I have a Mac. My "running" balance is only accurate when viewed by "Year" and never when I view "Monthy" (which is my preference). The "Monthly" data shows a greatly inflated balance...which is not the case! I get no satisfaction whatsoever with Quicken's Chat.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MFred1105 where are you seeing this? Where are you selecting view by year vs month?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• DonWags
    DonWags Member
    Options
    Same issue with Quicken Mac (subscription) - setting view to anything less than 30 days on one of my accounts used to show incorrect balance. Then I had to up it to 60 days, now I have to up it to 90 days (or more). All other accounts don't have this issue, except for this one credit card account.
  • DonWags
    DonWags Member
    Options
    Actually, just noticed today that it is now happening to my checking account in the register as well. This is troubling - balance in register should not change for any given date when filtering the view from "All Dates" to any other time period, balance should remain the same in the register!
  • DonWags
    DonWags Member
    Options
    Okay, think I figured it out. There were scheduled transactions in the accounts that somehow weren't showing up in the views. Some were scheduled transactions that I had stopped because I discontinued those services, others were for scheduled transactions which I had entered manually because, for whatever reason, they weren't showing up anymore. I deleted those series of defunct scheduled transactions and the filtered views are now all correct. Found these "lost" scheduled transactions by checking "Bills & Income" tab.
  • erniealvero
    erniealvero Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are correct. Skipping instances on the one scheduled transaction in the "Bills & Income" tab fixed the running balance problem. The scheduled transaction should show up in the view under the "Transactions" tab to give user the ability to skip the instance in that view. My running balance is now correct.
  • valdalewis
    Options
    My 2019 report is not showing all income even though the categories are the same. I can't find a way to resolve it and it is under reporting my income. Any advice. I've tried generating different reports but no luck.
This discussion has been closed.