cannot see figures in Balance Column in Register

:( I cannot see the figures in the Balance Column in a Register - cannot find any option to retrieve the Balance column figures. Please Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's correct that the register must be sorted by date for the Balance column to work correctly, but it can be with the most recent transactions at the bottom or top. (The old Quicken way was on the bottom, but in the modern Quicken Mac, I've switched to most recent on top and prefer it that way.) Clicking on the Date heading toggles the sort order.

But in Quicken Mac, the developers made a change -- misguided, in my opinion -- to show numbers int he balance column, in gray text, no matter what the sort order is. Of course, if the register is sorted by Payee or Category or Amount or anything other than date, the values in the balance column will be completely meaningless. (That's why I think it was better when the balance column used to be blank when the numbers weren't valid.)

So I want to return to the original question from @Dianna Doe. Are you actually seeing the Balance column in the register, but there are no values in it? Or is the Balance column missing from the register? (Also, when you reply, please in dictate which version number of Quicken you are using.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What specific version do you have?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.