Investment transactions won't download

I've been messing with Quicken for DAYS as it will not download any of my investment account quotes. I just purchased the new version hoping that would solve it and it didn't. I "deleted" the account and then readded it and it just doubled the total that was already there but still didn't download anything. I don't know about anyone else but the last 3 versions of Deluxe have been a horror show and this is it for me if this problem isn't resolved. Moving on to a non Intuit product. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

10288 Member
    Answer ✓
    Something that was just said made me go online and look at my paycheck and what happened was my investments were all sunk into only one investment rather than the 12 or so I have. So after ALL of your help which I greatly, greatly appreciate, I am delighted to report that all is well in Quickenland for now.

You have all been fantastic and I thank you again!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit. What is the name of the FI? What error messages are you receiving?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, are you running Q US or Q Canada?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

10288 Member
    I', running QDeluxe for US.
    10288 Member
    Greg, thank you for the correction. I just this morning downloaded the newest version of Quicken Deluxe/US. This specifically refers to my 401k investments not downloading. So the option that Quicken gives me is only to "call my financial institution" since I can't just delete the account and re-add it again. Thanks for help, everyone. I am extremely frustrated.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken What is the Release? What are the FI's names? What type of connection?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
    10288 Member
    I'm not super computer literate but the release is the 2020 Quicken Deluxe US Version. I'm on a LAN connection and I'm not sure what FI's names means! I never got any kind of error message, by the way. I neglected to answer that in my previous response
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FI is "Financial Institution".  I.E., the banks/cards/brokerages/etc where' you're having this issue.
    Also, we still need the RELEASE of Q that you're running.
    And, what exactly is on the LAN?  Where is your Q data file stored?  Storing it on a LAN drive is quite risky, as Q doesn't have the "Lock, Commit, and Rollback" commands that are needed to safely operate in a network environment.
    Your Q data file should ONLY be on your computer's harddrive

10288 Member
    Here is exactly what I ordered this morning
    QUICKEN DELUXE 2019 DIRECT DOWNLOAD 2YR

The financial institution is Fidelity Investments, LLC

And I was incorrect about the Lan. Quicken is, in fact, only on my hard drive where it's backed up both to the cloud and I do a manual backup on a flash drive
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a 401(k), the financial institution name in Quicken must be "Fidelity NetBenefits" as opposed to "Fidelity Investments".

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

10288 Member
    Thanks, Rocket. I am not being as precise as it seems I need to be but all of you are helping me along as this is the first chat forum I've gone onto because Quicken is of zero help. I do have the financial institution as Fidelity Net Benefits and my transactions have downloaded without any problem for over 20 years until last week. I've spent probably 20 hours trying to get this fixed and it just won't "fix."
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We still need the RELEASE (or BUILD of Q that you're running.
    And have you installed that version of Q that you purchased this morning?

10288 Member
    Answer ✓
    Something that was just said made me go online and look at my paycheck and what happened was my investments were all sunk into only one investment rather than the 12 or so I have. So after ALL of your help which I greatly, greatly appreciate, I am delighted to report that all is well in Quickenland for now.

You have all been fantastic and I thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.