Downloading from Fidelity does not work

Contacted Fidelity Investments support and they concluded the error is caused by Quicken. Quicken support responded to contact Fidelity... it has been like that since Nov 2019.

Best Answer

• jkspain1
    jkspain1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have had the same experience of each party blaming the other. Last week I spoke to the Online Tech Support Rep at Fidelity and he said he would "reach out" to the Fidelity OFX team which works with the Quicken OFX team to try to get this resolved. I will follow up with Fidelity again next week.

The connection process seems to be getting better in that it now fails at the very end of the process (Quicken can log on to Fidelity and you can see you accounts and link them to your Quicken accounts but then it does not finish the transaction download).

Answers

• jkspain1
    jkspain1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have had the same experience of each party blaming the other. Last week I spoke to the Online Tech Support Rep at Fidelity and he said he would "reach out" to the Fidelity OFX team which works with the Quicken OFX team to try to get this resolved. I will follow up with Fidelity again next week.

The connection process seems to be getting better in that it now fails at the very end of the process (Quicken can log on to Fidelity and you can see you accounts and link them to your Quicken accounts but then it does not finish the transaction download).
  • Well, both parties decided to stop supporting customers on weekends. Looks as we all have to retire to be available for the tech support M-F when they are working. ;)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no actual problem stated anywhere in this thread.  How are we, the other users, supposed to help when there's no problem???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• austinja697
    austinja697 Member ✭✭
    I suspect that this is the issue with the OL-295-A error being returned when you attempt to download updates and price quotes from the Fidelity NetBenefits site. I am using Quicken Premier 2020 ( V24.11 Bld 27.1.24.11) with ALL updates installed. I am running Windows 10 Home (with all available updates and optional updates). All my other accounts are downloading just fine with no issues at all.

I also run McAfee Internet Security and attempted to download updates from Fidelity NetBenefits with both the Firewall and Antivirus/Spyware disabled to verify that the issue has nothing to do with Firewall or A/V settings.

I have not been able to download since January 17th. I have confirmed that the settings per the link below are correct.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297

I also tried the actions listed in the link below with no success.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7860569/fidelity-netbenefits-error-ol-295-a-might-be-vpn-usage-related

I guess the next thing to try tomorrow with be to do any updates to my file like I normally would and then force a full backup of my quicken data (so that I can recover if needed). Then I will try the disable and then enablement of the troublesome account.

Any advise or thoughts would be appreciated.
  • austinja697
    austinja697 Member ✭✭
    Good news. NetBenefits site is again working for me. I talked to Fidelity on Tuesday and they checked on their end and said that site should be receiving requests and saw no issues. I tried it both Tuesday and yesterday and it was still not working. I was going to call Quicken today and did all my updates and made a backup copy of the file to protect my data.

I did all the things recommended in this thread and others including disabling and re-enabling the account which had failed to connect to the NetBenefits site.

So just before calling Quicken, I ran one final attempt to download so that I would have current logs and it worked. I do not know if Fidelity or Quicken made any changes. I did add a credit card account to my database just prior to the successful download of Netbenefits. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I suppose it is possible that there was an issue with the password fault or online setup that corrected itself when I added the new account.

Anyway, it is now working for me and I have NO IDEA why. But I am happy now.
This discussion has been closed.