updating transactions to merge

I have 2 separate Quicken files I use. One personal and the other for an LLC. When I perform the one step update of the LLC file, at the conclusion of the update Quicken immediately begins "updating transactions to merge". This action deletes all the categories set up for the LLC properties. I am forced to 'remember' what updates there were from the one step update (normally just 1 or 2) then restore the data from an earlier back up and manually input the updates. I have performed a validation of the file without correcting this. So I must have activated something in Quicken making it perform this task.

Any suggestions what to look for or do?

Thanks,

Don

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a Cloud sync issue: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud
  • Donald Miller
    Donald Miller Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I do not have Cloud Sync turned on in any setting/preference section of QD.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the year, version, and edition of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• Donald Miller
    Donald Miller Member ✭✭
    Year = 2020
    Ver = R24.11
    Build - 21.1.24.11
    Q Deluxe
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Year = 2020
    Ver = R24.11
    Build - 21.1.24.11
    Q Deluxe
    Perhaps the issue you're experiencing with the LLC properties' categories is that you're using the Deluxe edition instead of Home and Business edition: https://www.quicken.com/compare
  • Donald Miller
    Donald Miller Member ✭✭
    Don't think that is the issue. I have used Deluxe for years without this problem occurring. Even after I separated the data into 2 separate files. Somehow I have activated something in the LLC file causing the "updating transactions to merge" process. Just can't locate what I activated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think that is the issue. I have used Deluxe for years without this problem occurring. Even after I separated the data into 2 separate files. Somehow I have activated something in the LLC file causing the "updating transactions to merge" process. Just can't locate what I activated.
    My last thought would be a strange corruption that is in some way triggering multiple category merges:  

• Donald Miller
    Donald Miller Member ✭✭
    Thank you q_lurker. That seemed to correct my problem!
This discussion has been closed.