Can't define asset classes for security - option greyed out

I manually created a security in Quicken, but at the time of creation it only let me choose a single asset class (the security is actually a mixture). Now, when I go in to try to manually define the asset class split, the "Mixture" option is greyed out.

This security is not matched to anything online, nor do I have the "Download Quotes" button checked. Why am I unable to access this option to define a mixture?

Best Answer

Answers

• KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    It is now! That did it, thanks :-)

Side note: it's actually an ETF, it would be nice if Quicken added this as a category in a future update
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could create that asset type if you like.  Do that from the the Edit Security details screen.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.  I have for a long time had a series of unique (personalized) Security Types (US Equity, Int'l MF, Bond Fund, etc.) that filled gaps I felt Quicken had left open.  For all those types, I could specify a Mixture of Asset Classes.  It appears Type = Stock is unique in forcing a single asset class on the security.  I had not realized that.  

[Note that my approach breaks to ability to get M* ratings for securities that are NOT carrying the Quicken "Mutual Fund" type, so it is not an approach I necessarily recommend.  There may be a couple of other drawbacks as well that escape my memory circuits right now.]
This discussion has been closed.