When entering my paycheck as a Net amount I'm not sure if I should be entering a Category

I'm a long time Quicken user but I've never properly entered my pay checks. I'm trying to do them properly. If I enter my pay check as a Net Amount then do I select a category? The only Income categories I see are Interest Income and Dividend income.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    When you choose to use Net Amount for a paycheck transactions, I suggest you use the built-in Net Salary category which should appear in the Personal Income group.  If you do not see the category, press Ctrl + J, select Options > Manage categories, check Net Salary, select Add and OK.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 Answer ✓
    When you choose to use Net Amount for a paycheck transactions, I suggest you use the built-in Net Salary category which should appear in the Personal Income group.  If you do not see the category, press Ctrl + J, select Options > Manage categories, check Net Salary, select Add and OK.
  • MasonD23
    MasonD23 Member ✭✭
    Thank you! Net Salary was a Hidden category. I now have it un-hidden. I much appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.