I set a category "Salary" under personal income, but it does not show under the budget.

Last year when I set up my budget, salary under personal income was not showing up under the budget part. I could not figure out why. I just purchased the 2019 version and when I tried to set up my 2020 budget, "salary" did not show up in the budget again. Anyone know why? Nothing is hidden.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on the "Manage Budget Categories" button, is the Salary Category ticked as being included?
  • Mark
    Mark Member
    It is. I put a check mark next to it.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run a simple Spending Report - all Accounts, all Categories - are you seeing dollars in the Salary Category? 
    Are you saying that when you click on Planning > Budgets you do see dollar amounts for each month across the Salary Category, but the budgeted amounts are not showing up when you do Reports > Spending > Current Budget?  Exactly what are you looking at when you think you should be seeing salary dollars, but don't?
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    By any chance is your salary depositing into an account other than the account you use for expenses?    Quicken added a "select accounts" feature recently.  So if you select a category that is in an account that is NOT selected, your data will be missing.  Find the "select accounts" feature under "Budget Actions.

• Mark
    Mark Member
    still not working at all SHould I set up the new paycheck?
  • Michael May
    Michael May Member ✭✭
    Do you have a category of Net Salary? I switched from the Salary category to Net Salary and that resolved the problem of actual amounts not showing in the budget.
This discussion has been closed.